Mid Week Update
March 10 & 11 & 12, 2016
If kids come to us from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important.
Parent Teacher Conference
- Sign in sheets for Parent Teacher Conference will be on the front desk in the Main Office by tomorrow morning - March 10, 2016.
- Parents will receive interim reports Thursday and Friday at the front console table set up.
- Interims that are not picked up by parents on Thursday and Friday will be passed out during homeroom on Monday, March 14, 2016.
- Interims not picked up by parents will be placed in your mailbox on afternoon of Friday, March 11, 2016.
- Parent Teacher Conference will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. and end at 5:00 p.m on Thursday, March 10, 2016.
- All teachers will leave the classroom and gather in the media center at 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Parents who arrive after 3:40 p.m will be directed to the Media Center
- 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Parent Cafe' - Media Center
- The staff of AHS will fellowship with our parents during 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - a full meal will be served to all. Committee members of APFA and a representative from Trinity Family and Life Center will facilitate the Parent Cafe' conversations with parents and teachers. Teachers will remain in the Media Center from the hours of 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Teachers can use this time to listen and talk to parents.
- On Friday, March 11, 2016, parent teacher conference will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Teachers are to arrive and be in your classroom by 8:00 a.m.
- Teacher may depart at the closing of Parent Teacher Conference on Friday at 12:00 p.m.
New Protocol For Leaving the Building During School Hours - 7:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
As we move towards our SOL testing season and the weather is getting warmer, it is important that all hands are on deck to support our students during the instructional day. At any given moment, an unexpected request and change to our normal day can occur. The following new protocol is effective March 14th 2016 through the end of the school year.
- arrival time as indicated during our opening session - 7:45 a.m.
- all staff members must sign in upon entry into the building (accountability for all staff members present in the building)
- no longer are you able to leave the building during instructional-contractual hours
- if an emergency occurs - please contact your cluster administrator
- when an emergency occurs you will have to sign-out and put your time on the system in increments of 30 minutes
- all staff members must sign out at the end of each day
Field Trip Protocol
- all field trip requests must be submitted 10 business days prior to field trip
- all monies collected must be receipted and turned in to Mrs. Harden two days prior to field trip
- Mrs. Harden will write a check to the entity involved
- List of names must be provided to Administration at least two days prior to field trip for final approval
- Names must be submitted to all staff members to include Ms. Lillie Murray and Ms. Sandra Dayo prior to departure
- The last day for field trips will be on Friday, April 8th
- Review the hall duty document and ensure that you are covering the required area as indicated
- Administrators will review the hall duty assignment document in the upcoming weeks to determine if changes are needed for hallway coverage