Garfield Re-2 News for our families
March 27, 2021
Come and learn about some exciting possibilities through the Colorado River BOCES
Support Rifle High School student Karisa Coombs' International Baccalaureate Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) project next weekend
Welcome class of 2034!!!
Kindergarten Registration is now open
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REGISTERING FOR KINDERGARTEN
- Full-day kindergarten and part-day slots available. Spaces will be full-time unless otherwise requested;
- Children must be five by October 1, 2021 to be enrolled in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year;
- When registering for school, parents should have the child's birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residence documents - this may include a utility bill, driver' s license, rental/lease agreement or property tax statement;
- You will be asked to make an appointment at your school to finish registration;
- Children currently enrolled in a Garfield Re-2 Pre-school program do not need to register for Kindergarten.
- Children with CMC Pre- School or any other pre-school should register online for their home attendance area school;
- All 2021-22 kindergarten students should be enrolled at their home attendance area school;
- If you would like to attend a Garfield Re-2 school OTHER than your home attendance area school, please submit an open enrollment application to the school you would like to attend by May 1.
Garfield Re-2 is now taking applications for Pre-School
Are you interested in preschool for your 3 or 4 year-old for the 2021-2022 school year?
Families in New Castle, Silt, and Rifle are invited to complete this online preschool application. Tuition and State-Funded slots are available. Completion of this application does not guarantee enrollment in preschool. The preschool director will contact you about the next steps, or you are welcome to contact the preschool directly.
Cactus Valley Elementary 665-7871
Elk Creek Elementary 665-6936
Graham Mesa Elementary 665-7540
Kathryn Senor Elementary 665-7674
Highland Elementary 665-6817
Wamsley Elementary 665-7966
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY FOR PRESCHOOL
- Please apply if you are interested in your child attending as a NEW preschooler, and your child did NOT attend a Garfield RE2 preschool last year
Children must be three or four on or before October 1, 2021. Children who are five on or before October 1st may enroll in Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year;
After applying for preschool, you will be contacted by the preschool director, or you may contact the preschool directly. Families will be asked to complete additional preschool information and to provide the child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of address documents- this may include a utility bill, driver’s license, rent/lease agreement, or property tax statement;
All families should apply to their home attendance area school;
- If you would like to attend a Garfield RE2 preschool OTHER than your home attendance area preschool please submit an open enrollment application to the school you would like to attend.
A very special surprise!
☆☆WE HAVE A SECRET!☆☆
Mr. Gordon Cooper ~"COACH"~ will be celebrating his 91st birthday very soon.
We would love to have you join in on the celebration!
••WHAT•• Drive by birthday celebration
••WHEN •• April 3, 2021 (Saturday) 10:00am
••WHERE ••Colorado State Veteran's Community Living Center, 851 E. 5th Street
☆Please decorate your vehicles in your VERY BEST Rifle Bears colors! EVERYONE to meet at Rifle Metro Park at 9:30am - prior to heading to the VA for the drive by celebration. CARDS, PICTURES, AND MEMORIES WELCOME!☆
••Please contact Lesa Rust at 625-0842 with any questions••
☆☆SHHHH••• ITS A SURPRISE!☆☆
FREE TESTS STILL AVAILABLE - FREE WEEKLY COVID 19 TESTING - TEST LOCATIONS CHANGE NEXT WEEK
TEST LOCATIONS CHANGE NEXT WEEK
Western Garfield free COVID testing is still available in New Castle, Rifle and Parachute one day per week through NOW EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE, though pre-registration links and times have changed.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is no longer using Curative testing and has switched to Mako testing due to concerns about the accuracy of Curative tests. Curative tests may have shown false negative results.
Elk Creek Elementary School
804 W Main St., New Castle, 81647
Sundays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Pre-register here for #15803 Elk Creek
Bea Underwood Elementary School
0741 Tamarisk Trail, Parachute, 81635
Mondays, 9 – 11 a.m.
Pre-register here for #15804 Bea Underwood
Garfield County Fairgrounds
1001 Railroad Ave., Rifle, 81650
Mondays, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Pre-register here for #15805 Rifle
TEST LOCATIONS CHANGE NEXT WEEK
Unite to Stop the Spread
We are United to Stop the Spread of COVID-19. Show personal responsibility by taking these critical public health recommendations seriously and encourage your friends, neighbors, and family to do the same.
- Shrink your bubble
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep your distance
- Stay home if you are sick
Tues. 3/30 Coal Ridge Titans Soccer vs. Basalt (V/JV0 4:00, 5:30
Tues. 3/30 Rifle Bears FB vs. Coal Ridge (JV/C) 4:00
Tues. 3/30 Rifle Bears VB @ Moffat County (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Thurs. 4/1 Coal Ridge Titans VB @ Moffat County (C/JV/V) 4:30, 5:30, 6:30
Thurs. 4/1 Rifle Bears VB @ Grand Valley (C/JV/V) 4:00, 5:30, 7:00
Fri. 4/2 Coal Ridge Titans FB @ Glenwood Springs (V) 7:00
Sat. 4/3 Coal Ridge Titans Soccer @ Delta (V/JV) 11:00, 1:00
Sat. 4/3 Coal Ridge Titans VB vs. Delta (C/JV/V) 11:00, 12:00, 1:00
Sat. 4/3 Rifle Bears FB @ Basalt (V) 1:00