Eli manning vs Peyton Manning
If you know about Football you will know the brother Peyton manning and Eli Manning
Height: 6-5 Weight: 230 Age: 39
Born: 3/24/1976 New Orleans , LA
Experience: 18th season
High School: Isidore Newman HS [New Orleans, LA]
Peyton Williams Manning is an American football quarterback for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. A five-time league MVP, he played for the Indianapolis Colts for 14 seasons between 1998 and 2016
He was "born" to play the position…how many times have you heard that cliché? It's true when it comes to Peyton Manning. The son of the South's most storied college quarterback, Peyton came out of the womb with a passer's mentality and the skills to match, and he's got the all-time touchdown record to prove it. Once destined to finish his record-smashing career with the Indianapolis Colts, he found himself at the helm of the Denver Broncos, and within striking distance of that elusive second Super Bowl ring. This is his story…
he size of the Manning kids wasn’t surprising given their genes. Archie was one of the most celebrated athletes in the history of the South. A legend at the University of Mississippi, he played quarterback from 1968 to 1970 for the Rebels, where he was twice voted an All-American. He then became the top pick of the New Orleans Saints, embarking on a star-crossed 14-year NFL career that also saw him suit up for the Houston Oilers and Minnesota Vikings. A hard-hitting shortstop in his youth, Archie could have chosen professional baseball as a career path, having been drafted by the Atlanta Braves after graduating from Drew High School—and later by the Kansas City Royals and Chicago White Sox.
Olivia was a perfect match for Archie, who was treated like royalty wherever he went in the South. She had been named Homecoming Queen at Ole Miss in 1970.
- In 2014, Peyton broke Dam Marino's record for most career 400-yard games.
- In Week One of the 2014 season, the Broncos beat the Colts, making Peyton just the second QB in history to record wins over all 32 NFL teams. es, making second-team All-State at shortstop as a senior.
- Peyton joined Craig Morton and Kurt Warner as the only quarterbacks to start a Super Bowl with more than one team.
- Peyton wasn’t the only star athlete at the Isidore Newman School. Randy Livingston, a Parade All-America and co-National Player of the Year with Jason Kidd in 1992, also attended Newman. Peyton was a reserve guard his freshman and sophomore years behind Livingston. He also played baseball for the Greenies, making second-team All-State at shortstop as a senior.
For some kids, growing up in the shadow of a famous father is overwhelming. Others face the challenge of following in the footsteps of an older sibling who can do no wrong. The unfortunate few must deal with both. Welcome to Eli Manning’s world. There is a subtle kind of talent and toughness needed to succeed under such circumstances, and by now it is clear that the star quarterback of the New York Giants possesses ample amounts of both. Add to that a strong right arm, a quick and nimble mind, and a Super Bowl ring, and you have one of the most valuable players in the NFL. This is his story.
- In addition to the four letters Eli earned in football during his high school career, he also picked up four in basketball and two in baseball.
- The speed limit on the Ole Miss campus is 18 mph. Why? Because that was Archie’s number as a Rebel. The press room is also named after him.
- Eli set a record with 18 straight completions and five touchdowns in his first start at Ole Miss.
- Eli finished his Ole Miss career fifth among SEC passers with 9,860 career yards. He threw for 79 touchdowns and holds 45 single-game, season and career school record.
If you are a true football fan you would know the brothers Peyton Manning and Eli Manning..