Glenview Weekly Update
April 6., 2022
Please be advised to direct any attendance issues to the main office. This includes if your child will be absent, late, and any changes in your arrival or dismissal procedures. We will then notify your child's teacher.
Friday is Phillies Day, celebrating Opening Day! We encourage students to wear Phillies (or any other baseball team) gear.
Junior High Musical- ATTENTION 6TH GRADERS
NJSLA Testing Dates
NJSLA Testing Dates
Please see below for NJSLA testing dates:
May 2-6: 3rd and 4th grade testing
May 9-13: 5th and 6th grade testing
May 18th-19th: 5th grade Science testing
May 16-20: Make up testing
Student Art Show
STUDENT ART SHOW Dates: May 6- May 8, 2022 Location: Haddon Heights (Station Avenue) Local Businesses Theme: "Children's Feelings Are a Work of Art" Grades/Schools: All Kindergarten - Sixth Grade from Atlantic, Glenview and Seventh Ave Elementary Schools
STUDENT ART SHOW
Dates: May 6- May 8, 2022
Location: Haddon Heights (Station Avenue) Local Businesses
Theme: "Children's Feelings Are a Work of Art"
Grades/Schools: All Kindergarten - Sixth Grade from Atlantic, Glenview and Seventh Ave Elementary Schools
"Children's Mental Health Week” is May 1-7. During this exciting event, our local businesses will be displaying the great works of Art created by our K-6 grade students.
At any time from May 6-8, you can stroll down Station Avenue to enjoy these artistic displays. Please watch for more information regarding class assignments as we get closer to the event.
Mrs. Michnowski is looking for volunteers to assist on May 5th and 9th during the day.
If you are interested and can spare a little time, please email her at email@example.com
HADDON HEIGHTS PARENT TEACHER GROUP - NEWS AND UPDATES
- THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS' ART SHOW, "CHILDREN'S FEELINGS ARE A WORK OF ART," WILL BE HELD AT LOCAL HADDON HEIGHTS BUSINESSES FROM MAY 6 - 8, 2022. Please see attached flyer for more information on how you can visit your student's displayed artwork, as well as information on how to volunteer to help!
- THE SPRING FLING DANCE FOR ALL K THROUGH 6TH GRADE STUDENTS WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY, MAY 20TH AT 6:30 P.M. AT ATLANTIC AVENUE SCHOOL. Stay tuned for more information on how to purchase tickets.
- THE NEXT OUTDOOR FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY, JUNE 10TH (RAIN DATE OF FRIDAY, JUNE 17TH) AT THE HADDON HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FIELD. Gates will open at 7:00 p.m. and the movie will start at 8:00 p.m. More information is forthcoming.
- THE END-OF-THE-YEAR POOL PARTY CELEBRATION WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16TH AT HADDON GLEN SWIM CLUB, 1:00 P.M. TO 3:00 P.M. Stay tuned for more information on this fun event.
- DON'T FORGET TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION PROGRAM! When you buy products with the Box Tops logo, simply scan your receipt (from in-person and online purchases) and earn funds for our elementary schools that we can use toward assemblies, social events, student groups, teacher grants, and so much more! Please see attached flyer for more information and instructions.
April 8: Phillies gear day!
April 13: Staff meeting
April 15-24: Spring Break; No school!
April 26: Pretzel Orders due
Lessons of the Week!
Mrs. Lutz's 1st grade
In first grade, we started a new Social Emotional Learning journal (SEL journal). We talk about our individual strengths, and how sharing those strengths can help others. We are learning to feel confident in ourselves and recognize that we all have strengths!
In this lesson, we wrote about some of our strengths and shared them with our friends. Our friends then told us how we can use these strengths to help others!
Nurse and Covid Updates:
Absences: When you are calling the school to report your student absent, please include the reason for the absence (covid like symptoms, vacation, stomach ache, etc.) Otherwise, you will be receiving a phone call or email to confirm the reason for absence.
Also, according to a recent CDC update, for a student who has Covid like symptoms, a negative covid will be required to return to school.
Please be reminded that students must be fully vaccinated in order to avoid quarantine if exposed. In accordance with the Department of Health guidance, an individual is considered up to date after having received all recommended doses, including a booster dose when eligible. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks past the completion of the series and a booster if applicable. Please ensure that the school nurse has a copy of your child’s vaccination card if applicable to avoid unnecessary quarantine.
COVID TESTING FOR SCHOOLS
Covid Testing for Student's and Staff is available at the Haddon Heights High School. Please see attached flyer for details and registration information.
Breakfast- April 2022
Grab and Go Breakfast
Breakfast will be served at all elementary schools. This will be a “grab and go” style where students can take it to their homeroom. Breakfast is FREE for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Please help yourself each day. Should you not want your child to participate in the free breakfast program, please advise your child’s teacher. Thank you.
Lunch- April 2022
As you know, the school lunches are free. As the students enter their classrooms, the teacher will ask each student if they brought lunch from home or if they are getting a school lunch. The teachers will take the students' school lunch orders based on the menu choices for that day. The menus are located on the school website. If the student is getting a school lunch for that day, we will assume that you approved your child to receive and consume the school lunch.
Any Questions? Call HHSD: 856.547-1920 ext. 5535