Special Education News Update
May 4, 2015
-Thank you for everything you do for our students! - You are Appreciated!
Consent for Outside Agencies:
- If a parent is inviting an advocate, therapist, etc to an IEP, if you include them on the IEP invitation, you must also have a written consent (Tienet) form signed by the parent
- If you leave them off and treat them like a guest of the parent at the IEP (even if you know they are attending) you do not need a consent for outside agencies
- If we invite Becky Hill of MRS or Student Services from a college, there must be a consent to invite outside agencies
Please keep in mind....
All Seniors (not continuing to YAP) require:
- A Summary of Performance Document
- A Student Summary of Performance Document
- Notice of Exit (this may be listed on their previous IEP "upon completion of required credits to earn diploma, student will no longer be eligible for special education services."