Stone Bank School
Reaching Out ~ May 25,2018
From Mrs. Davies
Dear Stone Bank Families:
May has been a busy month at Stone Bank. The month kicked off with Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you to our PTO and the many parents who went the extra mile to recognize our amazing teaching staff. They loved all of the attention you showered over them.
Thank you to Mrs. Oman and the many volunteers who helped out with our recent book fair! This year we invited grandparents to have lunch with their grandchildren and then visit our book fair. We welcomed over 150 grandparents that day! Thank you to all of our grandparents for supporting our school through their book fair purchases. An extra big THANK YOU to Mr. Blaha, Mrs. Taubenheim and Mrs. Seonbuchner for setting up the cafeteria to accommodate our guests and serving them lunch with a smile!
Hopefully, you were able to attend one of the recent concerts and the art walk. Our students are certainly a talented group! Hearing them sing, play their instruments or express themselves artistically is so fun! Thanks to Mr. Ktorides, Mr. Lovas, and Ms. Richardson for their tireless energy and dedication to our kids!
Have you seen our new garden by the entrance to school? Thank you to Becky Baugh for her landscape design skills, Jeff Serak, Brenda Woodward, Ray (the Woodward’s foreign exchange student), Mary Eigenfeld (Becky's Mom) and Heather Smith for helping install the new plants.
Earlier this week, you should have received an email inviting you to participate in three task forces (Strategic Planning, Communication, and Curriculum) that will kick off in June. These task forces have been formed as a result of your feedback from our recent parent survey. Some have notified us that their email went to their spam folder. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam folder. If it is not there, please contact the main office so that we can get that information to you right away.
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
School Board Vancancy
Stone Bank School District is looking for applicants to fill the vacancy left by David Newman for the School Board. The School Board intends to appoint an elector of the district to fill the vacancy under a term that will expire April 2, 2019.
To be considered for the position, an applicant must submit a letter of interest to the School Office prior to 3:00 p.m. on June 11, 2018. Thereafter, a special Board of Education Meeting will be held to consider the potential candidates.
For more information about the school board or applying to fill the vacancy, please contact Mrs. Kristin Magnuson at (262) 966-2900 ext. 4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd Annual SBS Fest
On Tuesday, June 5th, our school community will again be participating in celebrating the end of another successful school year. All of your favorite parts of Games Day and Spring Fling will once again combine for an epic day: SBS FEST!
Mission Statement: A fun Stone Bank event for the school that promotes unity, builds community and celebrates the completion of the school year.
Tickets for the SBS Fest Carnival activities will be sold in $3, $5 and $10 bunches. Students who do not have tickets will still be able to participate in most of the fun planned for the day. Those with tickets will be able to use them to purchase snacks, drinks, snow-cones, crafts and dunk tank throws.
Please send your SBS FEST Ticket money to the office in an envelope labeled “SBS FEST Tickets.” Include your student’s name, homeroom teacher, and grade with the money. Tickets will be processed before the day of the event and given to students at SBS FEST.
Thanks from the SBS FEST Committee!
2018-2019 SBS Registration
Time to order your school supplies for next year.
This helps you save time and money when back-to-school shopping. Parents that use EPI school packs save up to 40% compared to the same supplies from a national retailer.
Order deadline is June 24.
To order online:
- Go to: educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter our school code: STO173
- School supplies can be picked up during your child’s Reading Assessments on August 20, 21 or 22 or during Open House on August 30.
For questions, contact Jennifer Anderson Warwick at email@example.com or 651-343-8205.
Lost and Found
Monday, May 28
· No School, Happy Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 29
Wednesday, May 30
· Library closed for inventory. All library books due back.
· 3rd grade field trip to Discovery World 8:15am-2:20pm
· 5th grade Middle School orientation 9:03am-10:18am, Room 304
Thursday, May 31
· 5K field trip to Glacier Rock Farms 8:15am-12:45pm
· 2nd grade field trip to Milwaukee Public Museum 9:00am-2:15pm
Friday, June 1
· 7th grade Cultural Fair 7:45am-8:45am, commons
· PBIS all school assembly 1:30pm
Monday, June 4
· 3rd grade Donuts for Dad, 7:45am-8:45am
· Art Club 2:30pm
· Scribbler release party 2:30pm
Tuesday, June 5
· 2nd Annual SBS Fest 4K-7th grade 9:30am-2:15pm
· 8th grade field trip to Noah’s Ark 8:00am-5:00pm
· PTO Culver’s Night 5:00pm-8:00pm, Hartland
Wednesday, June 6
· 1st and 5th grade field trip to Milwaukee Zoo, 8:15am-2:15pm
· 6th grade field trip to Nashotah Park and Sky Zone, 9:00am-2:15pm
· 7th grade field trip to McCarty Park and Café’ Corazon, 9:00am-2:00pm
· 8th grade graduation practice and lunch and awards 12:00pm
· 8th grade graduation – 6:30pm prelude, 7:00pm ceremony
Thursday, June 7
· Last FULL DAY of school
· End of 4th Quarter
· Awards Day for 5K-7th grade 8:30am
· Miss Carolyn from Town Hal Library, 12:00pm, refer to schedule from Mrs. Brannan
Friday, June 8
· First day of Summer vacation