Ferson Creek eNews
August 20, 2021
From the Principal...Kristy McKnight
I want to provide a little clarification on Curriculum Night. I completely understand the need to connect with teachers and see the building in person. Please know that the videos that are being sent are not meant to replace meeting the teacher. With our Curriculum Nights scheduled for next week, the video is meant to serve as a way for parents to get curriculum information and see their child's teacher right now. We will be working out plans to have parents in the building, most likely in a different format than half the school at once. However, sending the video next week is allowing us time to figure out what that will look like and how it can be done well, while giving content information to parents who are new to grade levels and need that general overview.I appreciate your partnership and I know how important it is to have you connected to your child's teacher.
Additionally, having an extra set of clothes in their backpack would also be helpful. We've got wet slides and mud puddles that are very enticing. If kids have extras in their bag, it makes a quick change very easy.
Arrival & Dismissal Clarifications
Thank you all for your patience as we become more fluid in our arrival and dismissal routines. A few key reminders are necessary to ensure a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal:
- If you are dropping off your child in the morning, you must enter off of Burr Rd. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OFF OF BOLCUM ROAD DURING ARRRIVAL. This interferes with our bus arrival.
- Please do not park your car and leave your vehicle while you are in the drop off lane. If you need to get out, please find a parking spot. This holds up our extensive line of cars waiting to drop off.
- Once you have dropped off your child, you also need to exit onto Burr. Please do not pull out of our lot and exit onto Bolcum as this interferes with the buses leaving our lot.
- You can review arrival routines here.
I know that dismissal is taking longer than usual. We are still working out our routines in regards to buses.
- If you are picking up your child, remember that it's not necessary to be here before or right at 3:00 pm.
- If you are first in the car line, please wait for a staff member to waive you up before proceeding into the pick up lane due to the location of buses.
- All details for dismissal can be found here
Lunch & Snack Information
All K-5 students are eligible for free lunch and breakfast again this year. You can find the daily lunch menu here. If students order a breakfast, they will receive it at the end of the day to take home for the following morning. If students order a juice or a water, their PushCoin account will be charged. Breakfasts and lunches will not be available over the weekends.
All students will have a snack during the day. When possible, snack will take place outside. We ask for your help in sending something healthy, as well as quick and easy for your child to eat. Additionally, please only send water with your child to have in the classroom. I always suggest a water bottle with a straw/flip top as opposed to a screw on lid. A classroom is a busy place and we love to knock over water bottles!
Early Release Days
The full district calendar can be found here.
Tuesday, August 24–Curriculum Night Videos Shared
Friday, September 3rd - Institute Day -No School For Students
Monday, September 6th – Labor Day – No School
Wednesday, September 15 – Fall Picture Day
Interested in finding out details from the school board meeting? View the Across the Board newsletter!