The Testing Coordinator Connection
STAAR INTERIM ASSESSMENTS UPDATE
TELPAS Test Prep
SPRING 2023 STAAR ADMINISTRATION
- Register Testers for STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
To register testers for spring STAAR EOC assessments, districts must complete the two tasks below by January 18, 2023.
o First-time testers must be registered in TIDE and have their Spring EOC Eligibility fields set to “Yes”.
o For retesters, CAI will set the Retester flag and set the Spring EOC Eligibility fields to “Yes”. This information will be updated on January 18 for students who previously took a STAAR assessment and did not meet the passing standard.
- Districts Register OOS and OOD Test Sites
The STAAR Out-of-School and Out-of-District Test Site Registration Form for the spring 2023 STAAR administration is available now through January 20, 2023. Districts must register each participating OOD and OOS test site for the spring administration in the test site registration form.
SPRING 2023 TELPAS ADMINISTRATION
- Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) Training
TELPAS online training modules are now available in the Learning Management System (LMS). These modules are designed for holistic raters and include basic training, assembling, and verifying. For training requirements, raters should refer to the TELPAS Rater Manual available in the District and Campus Coordinator Resources.
- Additional Order of Paper Test Materials
If needed based on initial orders received, districts may order additional paper test materials during the window of January 13–February 27, 2023. Districts will select the specific paper materials management option available in the Administration Task drop-down in TIDE.
Updated Industry-Based Certification List for Public School Accountability
An updated IBC list is available here: 2022-24 Industry-Based Certification List for Public Accountability.
Certifying entities with an IBC that was submitted for review and not approved for the 2022-24 list had an opportunity to request re-evaluation between September 19th and October 14th, 2022. The re-evaluation process for the 2022-24 Industry-Based Certification List for Public School Accountability is complete and results are reflected in the updated list. No IBCs were removed from the list through this process. Thirty-six IBCs were added to the list.
In January, the CTE team will publish an updated Crosswalk of IBCs to Aligned Programs of Study as well as updated Program of Study Framework documents incorporating the additional IBCs.
As a reminder, Cambium Assessment, Inc. (CAI) will begin hosting the Family Portal for the Texas Assessment Program beginning on January 2, 2023. The Family Portal is a tool for families to access their child’s test results for STAAR, STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS, and TELPAS Alternate. Confidential student access codes will not be changing with the new portal.
Districts may provide parents with access to the Family Portal via their district Student Information System (SIS). If your district uses a SIS, refer to the new Family Portal card on the Testing Personnel page of the Texas Assessment website to enable SSO integration with the Family Portal. If your district uses a SIS vendor, contact the SIS vendor to ensure that the link has been updated and is properly routed to the new Family Portal.
TIDE users can view confidential student access codes for the Family Portal from the View/Edit/Export Students page. Additionally, TIDE users with specific permissions may generate a report for their campus or district through the Generate Access Code List option in the Family Portal Access panel under the After Testing section in TIDE. Results for the December 2022 STAAR administration are scheduled to be available in the new Family Portal on January 24.
Reminder: Report ASVAB Exam data Through PEIMS Fall Resubmission due on January 19, 2023
- In the STAAR Released Library, if I clicked “Spanish”, I am not getting items in Spanish, only in English. I have triple-checked filters and done this in both the 3rd and 5th grades, both Math and Science. I know the difference between Spanish and SRLA, this is for a dual-language classroom that wants to pull Math STAAR released from TFAR full bell ringers. Can you help me know what I am doing wrong? A: Currently, there is an ‘issue’ with the Spanish. All Spanish items are under “English" in the language… THIS fix is priority 1 right now and hoping that it’s fixed soon. I ignore the ‘language’ search box AND just look for the ES next to the item. To preview in Spanish – change the display language to look at the item in SPANISH.
- Along with the guidelines of Spanish, I know Interim Assessments are ready to go in Spanish. What about the Eureka or Amplify Assessments in the TDS? I do not see a way to know if they can be proctored for Spanish-speaking students. I know the curriculum itself in Great Minds (for Eureka) is in both English and Spanish. A: OER Spanish items are in. IF the student is to have Spanish it will be an option in TDS for them to choose. Remember OER items are not in TFAR, the tests are in TDS.
- I know this was sent out earlier, but I cannot remember why some of the STAAR-released passages are not in the TFAR bank. Was it a copyright issue? A: Not a copyright issue, they and some items weren’t uploaded because the TEKS they were connected to are no longer available. We are working on subject crosswalks to fix this. Cambium cannot upload an item unless there is a TEKS.
January 26th, 2023-
TETN WEBINAR: #1117: Spring Updates: STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS, and TELPAS Alternate
REGISTRATION LINK- https://tetn.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NvHAjCT-TH-GqVaGL_hjUw
February 9th, 2023-
TETN WEBINAR #1118: Spring 2023 STAAR Program Refresher: REGISTRATION LINK-
The District and Campus Coordinator Resources, a collection of webpages, is prepared for its initial publishing at the beginning of each school year.
Resources and information needed to prepare for and administer the Texas Assessment Program.
This feature allows users to view, analyze, and download assessment summary reports. Users can disaggregate and filter data and download reports in a PDF or CSV format.