SAPA Championships - Saturday, April 2nd
Good Evening Everyone!
Happy SAPA Week!!!
Rehearsal Schedule this Week:
- Wednesday, March 30 from 5-8 p.m. at Barber and we will need assistance with loading the floor, transporting and storing the floor at North Cobb after rehearsal in the old gym area.
- Thursday, March 31 from 4-8 p.m. at North Cobb. Students need to come to school with hair done as much as possible and with a majority of makeup done so that after school only minor touch ups need to be made. Everyone needs to bring their costume, equipment, etc. that you usually need for competition day. Students will rehearse until a little before 7 p.m. and then we will have our send off performance for any family members and friends who would like to see our completed show before we go to Chattanooga on Saturday. After rehearsal we will fold the floor and bring it back to Barber.
- Friday, April 1 from 5-8 p.m. at Barber. Mrs. Cox is waiting for confirmation, but as of tonight the plan is to practice from 5-8 p.m. on Friday night.
- Saturday, April 2 we will travel to Chattanooga to perform in SAPA Championships for Class AAA.
Facility: McKenzie Arena University of Tennessee Chattanooga 720 East 4th Street Chattanooga, TN 37403
Cost for both days is $20 but it doesn't state a price for one day admission on SAPA site.
Bags, backpacks and purses are subject to security search at entry.
Parking Parking is FREE for 2016 (SAPA purchased these lots for our event to use) Please use lots 31 and 32. Handicap parking is at lot 20 Large Truck, Busses are to use lots 33, 34, 30 and 36 ONLY.
The students will be wearing their performance costumes on Saturday along with show hair and makeup. Students need to wear body tight and appropriate undergarments under their costume. Also, students will need black flip flops to walk to performance and after performance.
Below is the schedule for Saturday, April 2:
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. - rehearsal at Barber Middle School
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – load the floor/hair and makeup
2:15 p.m. – depart for Chattanooga (students will eat in the car)
4:00 p.m. - unload/check-in
4:45 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. – pre-warmup
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - costume and touchups
7:04 p.m. – SHOWTIME!!!!
Students will be able to buy concessions and watch other units perform prior to retreat (awards)
10:00 p.m. (approximately) – retreat (presentation of awards for each class)
10:30 p.m. – depart and return to North Cobb (near band room) (around 12:00 a.m.) to unload floor and go home and begin Spring Break
- Make sure your student has ALL equipment, makeup, gloves (if needed), clothes and money to eat from concessions that will be available for purchase after their performance.
- Students will be able to purchase a SAPA shirt, SAPA bag and patch for their letter jacket at this event so they may need to bring a little extra cash on this trip. Usually around $20-25. Other vendors will be at this event including the photographer: http://www.photostockplus.com/home.php?tmpl=135&user_id=72222&album=1050953
- According to the website there WILL NOT be a video company at this event like we have had in previous years.
- Make sure that your student has a ride to and from the competition if you are not attending. Remember, per Cobb County policy, students cannot drive themselves to any competition.
- Have your students communicate with me on Thursday night if they need a ride on Saturday or if they are riding with their parent/guardian to the competition.
- PLEASE TEXT MRS. COX AT 404-401-4298 IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ASSIST THIS WEEKEND WITH TRANSPORTING STUDENTS TO AND FROM THE COMPETITION.
- Bring a good, solid, healthy lunch/heavy snack for drive up to Chattanooga. We will not be able to eat again until after the performance.
- All students must return to North Cobb High School to help unload the floor--this is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sheryl, Pierre, and Stephanie