Woods Lake Elementary
Weekly Update November 30 - December 04, 2020
Hello Woods Lake Family,
Today is the first day of the second trimester! Be sure to have your child log on to their homeroom google classroom by 9:30 a.m. Our new schedule for this second trimester builds in more teacher-student learning time, as we progress throughout this 2020-2021 school year!
The instructional schedule for elementary students is changing with the beginning of our second trimester, starting Monday, November 30, 2020. We will continue alternating weeks for A/T Math and ELA. The schedule can be found on our A/T website. Recorded lessons will be posted on the KPS website. Additionally, Avant Garde students' morning session will now begin at 8:30 am on Wednesdays until 9:25 a.m.
This is the last week for our PTO sponsored virtual book fair. The dates are November 20 through December 3, 2020!
If you were unable to pick up second trimester supplies for your child, you may call the office and arrange a time to stop by Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!
Micole D. Dyson, Ph.D.
A Special Thank You to...
- Big Apple Bagel located at 3811 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Chick-Fil-A located at 6202 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49002
- Treat Street located at 3023 Oakland Drive in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Taco Bell located at 3233 South Westnedge in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- Sawall located at 2965 Oakland Drive in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
- B2 Outlet Stores located at 5027 West Main in Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009
We are thankful for our neighboring businesses that support our work here at Woods Lake!
November 20- December 3rd! PTO Sponsored Woods Lake Fall 2020 Scholastic Book Fair!
Our PTO invites you to the Woods Lake Virtual Village Facebook Page, click on the link above.
The Learning Hub has a Social Emotional Learning webpage with a Family SEL Guide and interactive links, PDFs to print, and more!
...are the ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups. The ability to communicate clearly, listen well, cooperate with others, resist inappropriate social pressure, negotiate conflict constructively, and seek and offer help when needed.
Helping students resolve conflicts...
Kalamazoo Kids in Tune (KKIT)
- Enrollment Update: We have had (69) 3rd - 11th grade students enrolled, first trimester!
- Fall Recital: The concert has been uploaded on our YouTube page so everyone can watch it on their own time and share it with families. Many Woods Lake students submitted videos!
- New Support Initiative: We have started a Family Resource Hub for all of our KKIT families. All KKIT families received care packages over Thanksgiving Break with some snacks, masks, cards from staff!
- New Academic Support: We will be hosting weekly homework help / virtual study hall sessions. We will meet with our students over zoom to provide additional support. Families received a call to confirm interest levels.
- Now Enrolling: We are enrolling students for our second trimester!
What are Woods Lake Elementary School's office hours?
Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:00 p.m.
When will I know about my child's new learning schedule for Trimester II?
Your child's teacher will provide their new daily schedule. Be sure to look in your child's google classroom for this information!
First Day Shoe Fund?
First Day Shoe Fund has lengthened their fundraiser through December 7th. If you missed the first distribution/order window, you may contact me. My phone number is 269-815-8209 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org