Franklin Academy Pembroke Pines
Principal's Back To School Newsletter
welcome back to school!
Dear Franklin Families,
It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year at Franklin Academy – Pembroke Pines! I hope summer has provided opportunities for rest and relaxation as well as time to reflect, rejuvenate and spend time with loved ones. As we prepare to launch a new year, our yearlong theme: “Unleash the Hero Within", inspired by the unwavering dedication of our school community, will amplify the importance of working together and doing whatever it takes to ensure that all students succeed.
I am extremely proud to share that our school is an A-rated school for the 8th consecutive year! Our school outperformed the state and the District and was ranked in the Top 5% in Broward County and the Top 2% in the state of Florida. Additionally, our 8th grade students were ranked #1 in the District of Broward County in the area of Science! Congratulations to our students, teachers, staff and families for this notable accomplishment.
I eagerly anticipate welcoming our students back to school tomorrow and look forward to working with our families as we continue our mission to Build Better People, Every Day!
Elena Diaz, M.Ed.
important information for back to school
School Supplies (Grades 4-8)
Arrival Procedures & Expectations
Thank you for your diligence in having your child arrive to school on time. Please read the updates and reminders below to ensure a safe and smooth process for all.
- Parents may not park their vehicle and walk into the school unless you are enrolling your child and have a scheduled appointment with the school registrar.
- Arrival time begins at 6:50 am for students in grades K-5 and Sibling Link.
- Arrival time begins at 8:00 am for MYP students (grades 6-8).
- MYP students (grades 6-8) may not arrive on campus prior to 8:00 am unless they are registered in Sibling Link. A fee of $1.00 per minute/per student will apply.
- Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria beginning at 7:00 am for students in grades K-5 and 8:00 am for students in grades 6-8.
Dismissal Policies & Procedures
- All vehicles must have a FranklinPass sticker affixed to the driver side windshield.
- The school-issued placard must be properly displayed on the front, passenger-side of your vehicle's dashboard.
- Registered carpool vehicles may enter campus beginning at 2:00 pm (K-5) and 3:00 pm (6-8). The white key fob must be displayed to the detail officer and at the fob station.
- Regular dismissal vehicles may enter campus at 2:10 pm (K-5) and 3:10 pm (6-8).
- Any vehicle entering the campus after dismissal has ended will be required to park and pick up their child from the school office on the 2nd floor. Late fees will be assessed.
Please do not make any u-turns near or park at St. Edward Catholic Church and do not park or stand idle on Pines Blvd. Follow staff and police officer directions at all times.
Vehicles without a FranklinPass will be re-routed to a holding area until the ID verification process is complete.
Dismissal Form - Required
The Dismissal Form (electronic) must be completed no later than Tuesday, August 13th. Please click on the link below and indicate how your child will be getting home after school. A separate Google form is required for each child, if applicable.