Northern Hills Library News
Literary Pumpkin Patch
What's The Matter With Third Grade?
Third graders reviewed properties of matter at eight different science stations. They used iPads to check their classifying of objects using QR codes, created a "matter menu" using the Educreations app, and used an ebook about matter to look for information about nonfiction text features. The desktops were used to work on vocabulary by using an online dictionary. Students used their senses to describe the properties of Oobleck.
Upper Grades Know Their Resources!
Bluebonnet Book Kickoff
The three major prizes are a large stuffed dolphin, a Kawai Leonard jersey, and an art kit. The prizes are shown below.
We Love iPads in the Library!
Fourth Grade Battle Kickoff
- 3,139 items checked out. Kinder-98, 1st-492, 2nd-691, 3rd-399, 4th-333, 5th-716
- Over 150 ebooks checked out on Overdrive! Way to go! Keep on checking out those ebooks!
- 51 library lessons taught to K-2. Lessons were taught on parts of a book, seasons of the year, and sequencing a story.
- 6 classes had lessons on library resources and Overdrive ebooks
- 35 classes came in for check out only.
- Five 3rd grade classes completed properties of matter science stations.
- 4 digital citizenship classes taught to K-2.
- 3-5 attended a presentation on the Bluebonnet nominees.
- 4th grade Battle of the Books kickoff.
- The library poem of the month started. Each month, the students will get a different poem and once they have read it to 10 people and turn in the completed paper to the library they will earn a cool bookmark.
- Book It reading incentive began, ask your child's teacher if you have not gotten yours yet.
We are now on Twitter! Please follow us N Hills @librarycockers
Be sure to check out the NEISD LIbrary Services Page on Facebook and like it to see all the great things happening at Northeast I.S.D. libraries.
Upcoming Events in November
The hours are-
- Monday 8:00-3:30
- Tuesday 8:00-6:00
- Wednesday 8:00-3:30
- Thursday 8:00-3:30
- Friday 8:00-12:00
Please be sure to drop on by and check out the Book Fair!
The Thanksgiving reading challenge will be given to students to complete during the week long break. The prize is a glow in the dark cup. Be on the lookout for the form the week prior to the break.