Ninth Grade News
Week of November 30
We were excited to welcome students back to campus after the Thanksgiving break! We are heading into the final weeks of the first semester and have midterm exams on the horizon. These next three weeks will go by quickly so we encourage students to utilize the Student Ascender Portal to check their progress often, engage in Flex productively each day, and stay on top of upcoming deadlines. Please take note of the December semester exam schedule for in-person learners and also the schedule for remote learners posted below.
Please note that we have a deadline approaching this week if you wish to change your student's instructional model for the third quarter. Additional information and the link to the request form are listed below.
We are thankful for your partnership and are looking forward to another great week of Growing Greatness!
Carolyn Ansley, Principal
Monday, November 30
- Welcome back to school!
- Flex Day
Tuesday, December 1
- Flex Day
- Men's BB vs. Stephenville @Stephenville (Fr 6pm, JV 4:30pm, V 7:15pm)
- Ladycat BB vs. Stephenville @ Stephenville (Fr 7pm, JV 4:30pm, V 5:45pm)
Wednesday, December 2
- Flex Day
- Spirit Dress Day - Hawaiian Dress! Wear your favorite Hawaiian outfit to make you think of warmer weather!
Thursday, December 3
- Flex Day
Freshmen Orange FB vs. Burleson @Bearcat Stadium, 5:30 pm
Freshmen Black FB vs. FM Marcus @Bearcat Stadium, 7:00 pm
JV FB vs. Burleson @ Elk Stadium, 5:30 pm
Friday, December 4
- Flex Day
V FB vs. Burleson Elks @Bearcat Stadium, 7 pm
Men's BB vs. Bowie @AHS (Fr 5pm, JV 6:15pm, V 7:30pm)
Ladycat BB vs. Argyle @Argyle (Fr 5pm, JV 5pm, V 6:30pm)
Saturday, December 5
- Mens BB vs. Alvarado @Alvarado (Fr 11am, JV 12:15pm, V 1:30pm)
Semester Exam Schedule for In-Person Learners:
Semester Exam Schedule for Remote Learners
Due to the asynchronous learning model, our remote learners will not be able to follow the same semester exam schedule as our in-person learners. Remote teachers will schedule exams with remote learners according to the following schedule:
Tuesday, December 15 - Math & Social Studies
Wednesday, December 16 - Science & ELAR
Thursday, December 17 - Electives
Remote Students need to plan to be available for testing on those days.
Deadline to Switch Instructional Models
Any student wishing to change instructional models for the third nine-week grading cycle (which starts Jan. 6) -- from remote to in-person or from in-person to remote - must notify the district via the forms linked below two weeks prior to the next grading cycle. The deadline to request a change in instructional models for the third nine weeks is 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4.
No changes will be granted between December 4 and December 17. The next deadline to request to change instructional models will be Friday, Feb. 26, which is two weeks before the end of the third nine-week grading cycle.
If you do not want to change instructional models for the third nine-week grading cycle, you do not need to take any action as your child will remain in his or her current instructional model for the third nine-week grading cycle.
COVID Health and Safety Reminders
As we move into cold and flu season and begin to see an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases amongst our students and staff, please be reminded of the health and safety protocols in Aledo ISD's Return to Learn Plan:
- Parents of all students must screen children for symptoms and take the temperature of each of their children before their child attends school every day. Students who have an elevated temperature above 100.4 OR have any COVID-related symptoms must report the symptoms to their campus nurse and stay home. Please do not send students to school with symptoms. For Daniel Ninth Grade, our nurse is Danielle Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All students shall wear face coverings at all times while on Aledo ISD property that social distancing, maintaining six feet of distance, is not possible. Face coverings should cover both the nose and mouth of the user.
Student Devices and Chargers
Aledo ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Aledo ISD is tracking COVID-19 cases within our school Community. To do this we need your help – if your child ever tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please click this link to complete our AISD COVID Reporting form. Our data will only be as accurate as what is reported to us. Please help us keep our entire community healthy and safe by providing this information as soon as it becomes known to you. To view the Aledo ISD COVID Dashboard, please click here.
Your student will need to provide evidence that they are a student enrolled in a public, private, or home school and have been attending school for at least 90% of the time. A VOE form is issued by our office.
To Request a VOE Form:
- Your student will scan the QR code in the front office.
- They will need to complete the linked Google form.
- The VOE will be available the following day and can be picked up at the front office. The form will need to be signed by your student and witnessed by office staff.
How do I check my student out for an appointment or early release?
Daniel Ninth Grade Campus is currently closed to visitors. We understand at times, however, it may be necessary for you to pick up your student for an appointment. Please allow for a few extra minutes when picking up your student as we are using a new check out system and have new processes in place. We kindly ask that you follow these procedures when picking up your student:
- Pull up to the student pick up/drop off area in front of our main doors.
- Once you enter the building, please remain in the lobby area. Our office staff will greet you and ask to scan your ID. You can also call our office at 817-441-4504 to let us know you are here. If it is during a passing period, we ask that you please wait outside until the students have exited the building.
- We will then call your student’s teacher to notify them that you are here to pick them up.
How do I report a student absence?
Thank you, parents, for doing a great job of communicating student absences with our office staff and for keeping your child home when they are not feeling well.
If your child is sick or will not be at school for any other reason, please call the school at
(817) 441-4504 or email Sarah Hill at email@example.com to report an absence.
Any student or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the AISD COVID-19 Reporting Form.
How do I request a district device?
Your child will need access to a laptop or Chromebook in order to complete assignments in Canvas both at home and school. Please visit the following link if you would like to learn more about checking out a Chromebook from the Aledo ISD Technology Department: https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/4320
Ascender Student Portal
1. Go to the Aledo ISD home page and click on Parents and Students at the top of the page. Then click on Student Portal Link on the left side of the page. (You can also go to the link directly: https://tinyurl.com/y5knvfwa)
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your student ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.