Nov 6th 2017 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
Why are we becoming a No Excuses University Campus?
Becoming a No Excuses University Campus
Click here to access important information.
NO EXCUSES RALLY
- University Fight Songs playing as students enter the gym (Mr. Thomas)
- Entrance song, dance/clap https://youtu.be/n2f501YWxso (3 min.) Specials Teachers
- ”After High School Comes College” Vision and Purpose-UNT college Video: https://youtu.be/TTY8sWl4t-w (3 min.) (Mr. Thomas and Coach W)
- Character Trait Talk Kindness and Compassion (4 min.) Ms. Norton
Pumpkin Winners (3 min) Mrs. Veronica Hernandez
Campus Chants ( 1 Min) Specials Teachers
We will do our Grade Level Chants next Monday!
A Minute with the LASes...
A Quick Cheatsheet For Creating Language Objectives
Ask yourself which of the four domains will the students use to accomplish the content objective..
LVES After-School Clubs
After-School Clubs will begin this Monday! Please click HERE to see the names of students who are participating this year. This spreadsheet will always contain up to date information regarding student enrollment.
Following the No Excuses Rally, students who are in a club will be dismissed to me and taken to the library...have them look for the clubs sign. The students will be picked up by their club facilitator after their duty. Facilitators will dismiss their students at 3:45.
FOOD DRIVE THIS WEEK!
The food will be picked up on Tuesday, November 7th, so we only have one week to collect! Please contact Mrs. Norton, Counselor, if you have any questions!
FIRE DRILL PROCEDURES
On our most recent drill, we were able to get out of the building in 3 minutes! That's good timing considering the size of our campus. Ideally we would love for the time to be at within 2 minutes and 30 seconds, so we are on our way.
Please continue to do the following:
- Review/practice expectations and locations with your students.
- If you have the walkie-talkie for your grade level, please take it out with you during the drill.
- Have at least 1 teacher leading the way out, so that students will know which way to go (and in the event your exit door is blocked due to a fire or an obstructed drill).
Thank you for your support in making our students and school a safe place!
Congratulations to the Teacher and Paraprofessional of the Month!
The following staff members were also nominated!
Mrs Monica Paris
Mrs. Beatriz Guerrero
Mrs Monica Paris
Mrs. Beatriz Guerrero
What is Happening at our school for the next week?
Click here to see the school google calendar. Thank you Mrs. Kitchen for keeping our calendar up to date.
Click here to see the testing calendar for the year.
Monday October the 30th
- College Ready Rally 2:20-2:45pm
- AWARDS: *1st @ 8:00
- ML COORD
- CLUBS BEGIN! 3-3:30pm
- College/U shirt Day
Tuesday October 31st
- AWARDS: *Kinder @ 8:00
- PLC in DataHub
- Inst. Tech ACT
Wednesday November 1st
- Math CBA 3-5
- No Pony Time 3rd-5th
- Dress for Success Day
- Staff Learning @3:15 (Snack 3rd Grade)
Mono+Dual Reading CBA 3-5
- Veterans Day at 8:00 A.M.
Staff Shout Outs
- Mrs. Kilam for providing pumpkins and art supplies to all her students! They all created a character pumpkin for the library!
- Mr. Reed for being so patient and encouraging when he works with my students during Pony Time.
- Mrs. Oden for being such a great listener and encourager when I want to try new things.
- Ms. Lawson for being so patient with my many questions.
- Mrs. Norton for being a fantastic advocate for the kids and doing such great lessons with my class.
- Mrs. Kitchen for being patient and kind during bus dismissal.
- Nurse Rachel for helping with a few challenging situations and wanting what is best for our students.
- Emily Satterla - thank you for keeping your team in the know!
- Taylore Rimling for creating a restroom log for me using a QR code.
- Mrs. Burleson for taking time to express positive words and sharing her wisdom.
- Ms. Satterla for continuously showing that each child matters and that each has special qualities to love.
- Mr. Reid for always being calm and willing to support outside of his new professional role.
- Coach W. for supporting in any way and taking initiatives on things he is not asked to do. Thank you!
- Ms. Kilam and Ms. Satterla for going above and beyond to make sure their students feel loved and successful!
- Mrs. Hamilton for helping with car dismissal after tutoring!! Fast llama!!
- Ms. Scruggs - thank you for all of your support!!