Top TEN News @ Weston
September 28, 2018
2. Due to the Parade of Flowers our Lunch Times & menu will be changed on Friday, Oct 5th.
K and 2 grade = 10:30-10:55
1 and 3 grade = 11:00-11:25
We will have sack lunches:
PBJ (SUN Butter for the children with Peanut allergies)
3. School Dismissal Manager - On Monday, Sept. 24th you received an email from School Dismissal Manager with instructions for setting up your account and learning about this new program. Contact our office if you did NOT receive this email.
What We Need From You:
To ensure each child's safety after school, we need your help. As soon as possible next week, it is imperative that you log in to School Dismissal Manager and set your child's default dismissal arrangement. Remember, this is what your child will do most days after school. By setting the default, this allows us to know that you have made the necessary arrangement for your child. You will notice that each students arrangement is currently set for the arrangement that we had on file from August.You will need to change this to your child's correct default if it's not accurate. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS STEP BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST.
4. We again will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate to help raise money for the classrooms and school as a whole! The Kick Off will be on October 25th. More info to come :)
5. The official dates for our Grade Level Musicals can be found on our Weston School calendar. You can add this calendar to your device . . . . click here to learn how.
December 19 - 3rd Grade
January 23 - Kindergarten
March 6 - 2nd Grade
April 10 - 1st Grade
6. Greenfield Youth Basketball Sign Ups for Little Cougars. See attached flyer and/or go to gcybb.siplay.com
7. Monday, October 1, is World Day of Bullying Prevention. To recognize Weston Elementary’s commitment to bully prevention, our 3rd grade students will be participating in a Chalk Fest during lunch recess on that day (weather permitting). Students will have the opportunity to decorate part of the back parking lot, using the theme of Kindness and Bully Prevention. Some art students from the high school will be joining us for this activity.
8. Coats for Kids distribution is planned for October 20th at the Indiana State Fairgrounds from 8:00am-2:00pm in the Elements Financial Blue Ribbon Pavilion Indianapolis, IN 46205. Children from across Central Indiana can come on this date to the Indiana State Fair Grounds to pick out a warm winter coat, hat, and gloves. This program is able to provide coats for newborns through high school Seniors.
9. The character trait for October is Truthfulness.
10. Attached below: PTO Flyer for Meeting on Tuesday, October the 5th; Weston Extra Articles for October; and more :)