F.L. Moffett Primary
"Where the Adventure Begins" October 2021
FLM Parents & Guardians:
Brandy Bennefield, Principal
- Fall Break-October 11th-15th
- Mask Parade-October 27th (PK4)
- Alphabet Parade-October 27th (PK3)
- 50th Day of School Sock Hop-October 28th
- Vocabulary Parade -October 29th (K-2nd)
- GT Nominations Accepted for 1st & 2nd Grades
- Red Ribbon Week-October 25th-29th
- Thanksgiving Break-November 22nd-26th
- Christmas Break-December 20th-January 3rd
- Early Release Day: December 17th @ 12:35
It's A Great Day....To Learn Something New!
Students are learning about the 7 Habits of Happy Kids in Power UP and counseling time with Mrs. Meeks.
Habits are things that we do without even noticing because they are ingrained in our daily routines. We want to focus on developing positive habits that help us become successful and happy!
So far this year, we have reviewed the following habits:
Habit 1: Be Proactive-You are in charge of you!
Habit 2: Begin with the End in MInd-Have a plan!
Habit 3: Put First Things First-Work first, and then play!
Habit 4: Think Win-Win!-Everyone can win when we work together!
Behavior Reward Incentive: 1st-9 Weeks Glow Party
School-Home Connection: How You Can Help at Home!
PreK- Check, initial, & clean out folders daily, practice fine motor skills at home:
- holding a pencil, scissor skills, pushing Lego blocks together (and pulling them apart), manipulating play dough, getting dressed with belts, buttons, zippers and snaps, using silverware while eating, opening food packages
Kinder-Check folders daily, look for high frequency words coming soon, practice naming letters and number recognition/counting
1st-Read 10-15 minutes daily, practice high frequency words (each student has an individualized list), counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and counting from 1 to 100 with fluency, and practice addition facts up to 10
2nd- Read each night for 15-20 mins, practice math facts, and money concepts like counting coins, Book-It Begins Oct. 8th
Questions to Ask Your Child Instead of Asking: "How Was Your Day?"
- What made you laugh today?
- What is something you heard that surprised you?
- Did you get better at anything today?
- What was something that really made you think?
- What was the best part of your day?
- Tell me about a time when you felt proud of yourself?
- What is something that didn't go as well as you would have liked today?
Moffett Roughriders......PURPLE UP!
Understanding-Understanding of the differences of others.
Respectful-Showing respect for our teachers, classmates, and ourselves.
Proud-Rider Pride campus wide!
Listening-Active listening means keeping eyes on the speaker at all times.
Engaged-Participating and being attentive to the task at hand.
Unique-Each created to be one of a kind. (We aren't weird, we are Unique!)
Purposeful-Every action and activity is designed for a purpose to help us grow and learn.