"Be the turning point in teaching, leading, and learning"
GMS Weekly Announcements
February 18, 2020
It is the mission of Greenbrier Middle School to empower students to be successful, productive leaders in society. We are devoted to an engaging and rigorous curriculum, a safe and student-centered environment, and innovative teaching and learning that is built on stakeholder collaboration to educate the whole child.
GMS Ranked #1 Best Middle School in Faulkner County and #1 Best Middle School Teachers in Faulkner County
Surprise and Delight
FBLA Attends Conference
National Counselor Week
A Very Special Talent Show 2020
Application for participants to be completed by parent/guardian. A VSTS representative will contact parent/guardian regarding application status. Space for participation is limited and available on a first come-first serve basis. To apply, go to https://www.greenbrierschools.org/
The show is April 25, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. at the Greenbrier High School Fine Arts Center and
rehearsal April 24, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. Participants must be available for both rehearsal and the day of the show to participate. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Internet Safety Resources
Officer Woody shared these internet safety resources with parents at our Family Night. Please check into these safety sites to protect your children on the internet.
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/ Age Based Media Reviews for Families
https://www.saferkid.com/ Monitoring App
https://www.bark.us/ Monitoring App
GMS Students One Word
GMS Teacher Remind Codes
Click here for Remind codes.
GMS T-shirts ONLY $10!
- If you haven't already, please complete the Free and Reduced lunch application. Even if you do not think you will qualify, it can still help our school if you go ahead and complete the form. Please use the following address and scroll down to Meal Applications. https://family.titank12.com/
- We have received a lot of positive feedback on our new car rider line route. To help things flow as quickly as possible, we ask that you let your child know which line you will be using so that they can be standing on that side of the pick up line. This will especially be important in bad weather when students will not be able to be standing outside.
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:15 p.m. Please remember to pull up as close as possible to the car in front of you. This allows us to load several students at one time.
- Tardy Bell rings at 7:55 when instruction begins for the day.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child.
6th Grade: 11:10-11:40
7th Grade: 12:10-12:40
Please invite only your student to the lunch table to eat with you.
New Drop Off and Pick Up Routes for Middle School and Jr. High
- February 17th- Presidents' Day (No School)
- March 12th- End of 3rd 9 weeks
- March 23rd-27th- Spring Break
- April 10th- Good Friday (No School)
- May 22nd- Last Day of School
- GMS holds our students accountable to complete ALL assignments and therefore we have a "no zero policy. Every student will complete every assignment! If a student does not have an assignment from the previous week completed by the end of the school day on Tuesday, their name will be placed on the ICU list. Once a student's name is placed on the ICU list on Tuesday, they must go to ICU the following day even if they complete the assignment Tuesday evening. They will be given an extended learning activity for extra practice. However, if the student turns the assignment in on Wednesday, they will be taken off the list and will not have to attend ICU on Thursday. If student is still on the list on Friday, they will go to ICU during lunch and during their electives in order to be given the extra time needed to complete quality work. PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO COMPLETE EVERY ASSIGNMENT ON TIME TO AVOID BEING PLACED ON THE ICU LIST.
Bus Route Information
Titan School Meal Payment System
Free/Reduced Meal Application
Greenbrier Middle School
Principal, Bryce Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal, Rachel Atkinson email@example.com
Secretary, Susan Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse, Dollie Greene email@example.com
Counselor, Tami Buchanan firstname.lastname@example.org