"Be the turning point in teaching, leading, and learning"
GMS Weekly Announcements
November 16, 2020
It is the mission of Greenbrier Middle School to empower students to be successful, productive leaders in society. We are devoted to an engaging and rigorous curriculum, a safe and student-centered environment, and innovative teaching and learning that is built on stakeholder collaboration to educate the whole child.
Blended Learning Day-November 23 (No students on campus)
Veteran's Day Quilt Winner
Principal Award Winners for October
GMS Parent Survey
Basketball Season Guidelines
Basketball season is upon us and this year will look quite a bit different. We will have limited seating at all of our home games and very limited seating at all of our away games (probably parents only for most). Times for most games will be a little different than normal also as we try to do our best to space things out to comply with health department standards.
Some things we ask......
- Be prepared to wear a mask the entire time except when you are eating or drinking.
- Be prepared to socially distance and only sit with your family group.
- If you have young children, keep them sitting with you and do no allow them to run around the gym.
- No students under the 10th grade will be allowed to attend without being accompanied by an adult.
- MS, JH, and SH students must sit in the student section socially distanced or with their parents. No grouping up in other areas of the gym.
- All home seating will be on the home side. No home spectators will be allowed on the visitors side.
- When you attend a game please arrive right at game time and leave as soon as the game is over.
PTO is selling GMS gear!
Reminder for Quarantined Students:
Google Meet for Quarantined Students
Google Meet Expectations:
*Be on time to class and you must stay logged on the entire session.
*Keep your camera on and muted until teacher directs otherwise.
*Engagement is required, participate by answering questions, etc.
*Wear appropriate clothes.
*You must identify yourself with your full name when entering a Google Meet Session.
*Choose a quiet place in your house that is away from distractions. Students should be focused on the lesson and not participating in other activities at the same time.
*You must log in using your school gmail account. Profile pictures should include your face.
School appropriate backgrounds.
GMS Point of Contact Information
GMS Ranked #1 Best Middle School in Faulkner County and #1 Best Middle School Teachers in Faulkner County
- We have received a lot of positive feedback on our car rider line route. To help things flow as quickly as possible, we ask that you let your child know which line you will be using so that they can be standing on that side of the pick up line. This will especially be important in bad weather when students will not be able to be standing outside.
- Drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m. Please remember to pull up as close as possible to the car in front of you. This allows us to load several students at one time.
- Tardy Bell rings at 7:50 when instruction begins for the day.
- We encourage you to still come eat lunch with your child. However, this year you will have to eat at one of the outside seating areas. Parents will not be able to enter the cafeteria due to safety guidelines.
Drop Off and Pick Up Routes for Middle School and Jr. High
- November 16 4:00 Heber Springs Home
- November 18 4:00 LR Christian Away
- November 30 4:00 Morrilton Away
- December 2 4:00 LR Christian Home
- December 7 4:30 Vilonia Home
- December 9 4:00 Russellville Away
- December 15 4:00 Cabot North Away
- December 16 4:00 Morrilton Home
- December 17 4:00 Clinton Away
- January 11 4:30 Conway Simon Home
- January 13 4:00 Conway Bob Courtway Home
- January 20 4:00 Conway Carl Stuart Home
- January 21 4:30 Russellville Home
- January 25 4:30 Conway Ruth Doyle Away
- January 27 4:00 Vilonia Away
- February 1 4:30 Benton Home
- February 3 4:00 Beebe Away
- February 4 4:00 Searcy Away
- November 16-Progress Reports
- November 23-Blended Learning Day (No students on campus)
- November 24-27-Thanksgiving Break
- ACT Aspire Interim-December 1-4
- GMS holds our students accountable to complete ALL assignments and therefore we have a "no zero policy. Every student will complete every assignment! If a student does not have an assignment from the previous week completed by the end of the school day on Tuesday, their name will be placed on the ICU list. Once a student's name is placed on the ICU list on Tuesday, they must go to ICU the following day even if they complete the assignment Tuesday evening. They will be given an extended learning activity for extra practice. However, if the student turns the assignment in on Wednesday, they will be taken off the list and will not have to attend ICU on Thursday. If student is still on the list on Friday, they will go to ICU during lunch and during their electives in order to be given the extra time needed to complete quality work. PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO COMPLETE EVERY ASSIGNMENT ON TIME TO AVOID BEING PLACED ON THE ICU LIST.
Titan School Meal Payment System
Free/Reduced Meal Application
Greenbrier Middle School
Principal, Bryce Bennett email@example.com
Asst. Principal, Rachel Atkinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Susan Bradley email@example.com
Nurse, Dollie Greene firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Tami Buchanan email@example.com