Middle School Weekly Wrap Up
September 7, 2018
CDT Benchmark Information:
CDT will be conducted in homeroom with the homeroom teacher in the morning to ensure we get participation from all students. The afternoon will then have a shortened class schedule. One day during the window will be ELA test and one day will be math. The schedule is below. It is also listed in reference guide.
Please refer to the information that Colleen has sent to everyone pertaining to CDT. All questions should be directed to her if any concerns arise regarding CDT. She will be available via Teams and email. She will also be sending out completion reports nightly to keep everyone informed of student progress.
1st Benchmark Dates & Schedule:
September 12 in the AM (ELA) Homeroom: 9:00 - 11:20
September 20 in the AM (Math) Homeroom 9:00 - 11:20
8:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 11:20
11:30 - 12:00
12:00 - 12:30
12:30 - 1:00
1:10 - 1:40
1:50 - 2:20
2:30 - 4:00
Make up sessions will be conducted during PLT during the month of September.
Advanced Student Attendance Mode:
We originally wanted students to be synchronous to participate in the advanced section but unfortunately we did not have the numbers to be able to do this at this point this year. So this year, we will allow students who are asynchronous to participate and encourage them to attend sessions or view the recordings. You can still assign them projects to complete which can be done outside of class and then have them come occasionally to check in with how they are progressing through the project/assignment. Although this is not ideal, it will allow us to work with the advanced kids but still allow them to remain asynchronous. As we continue to grow this program, we will look to improve the attendance status but for now will allow asynchronous students. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Just a friendly reminder that all Concur expenses related to the August 29 & 30 Professional Development at Penn State are due by next Friday 9/14. If you have any other expenses at this time, you may submit everything on one report.
We kindly ask for your patience as your supervisors approve and Toni Donohue processes every report that comes in. Please remember that all reports that are processed throughout the week and sent into a batch, which is closed each Friday. Concur usually pays out within 72 business hours, so reimbursements are typically received the following Wednesday, pending any bank holidays.
Back to School Slide
Scheduling Issues Reminder:
Just a reminder if you have any scheduling issues to use the below link to alert Aly. She will review and then update so you can then check back for resolution. Thank you!
- There is no school on Monday, September 10th for a holiday. Enjoy the day off!
- Data meetings start in October. During the month of September this time can be used to contact students to remind them to take the CDT for those who do not take it during the time allotted.
Bridget, Heather, Jen, and Jen L.
Aimsweb in Elementary:
- Aimsweb F2F testing starts next week for elementary students.
- We may have some middle school students attend with their parents and siblings.
- If a student indicates they will be attending, please assign them work to complete. Most sites will have wifi although some may not due to location so please keep in mind.
- Students will be marked present at the site so that attendance will override classroom attendance. It is the same process that occurs when students attend ADO's.
- If you have any questions, please let us know.