My Baby Book
By: Katelyn Nicole McWilliams
Next, the embryonic stage last takes place from week two to month two is a time when the mass of cells become a distinct human being with the head and features rapidly form as will as the basic organ.
Finally, occurring from two months to birth is the fetal stage. In this stage there is extermly quick growth with all body parts fingernails, hair, eyelashes and toe nails being formed along with the maturity the brain.
Infancy and Childhood
- Grasping/Palmer reflex: flexion of the fingers cause by stimulation of palm hand, present at birth and disappears by six months
- Rooting reflex: newborn babies automatically turn their face toward the stimulus and make sucking motions with the mouth when cheeks or lips are touched
- Sucking reflex: when the roof of the baby's mouth is touched, they will automatically begin sucking, eventually turned into a conscious effort and not a reflex
- Swallowing reflex: stimulation of the palate
- Babinski reflex: the stimulation of the outside of the sole of the foot, causing extension of the big toe while fanning out the other toe
- Moro reflex: for an infant when they feel startled or like they are falling. the infant will have a startled look on their face and fling both arms out sideways with palms up
The aspects or the mental, physical and emotional traits of an individuals personality is temperment.The second I asked my mom what my average attitude as a child she said "very happy but I was hard for me to warm up". With men, other than my dad and grandpa, I would shy away from them but once I felt comfortable, I would never want to leave from the attention.
Concrete Operational Stage
Lev Vygotsky's Theory
Formal Operational Stage
- Authoritative: want children to succeed greatly in life but still use there independence and reasoning; when i child breaks any rules their a normally punished fair and consistently
- Permissive: make little rules or commands to their children: low expectations and dont normally discipline them
- Authoritative: high expectations and very strict rules that must be followed at all times; utilize punishment rather than discipline
My parents are authoritative and i agree with that parenting style the most. i shows the kids you care about whether or not you care for their future and want them i succeed without telling them what to do every second. It teaches them to think for themselves and strive to become someone great.
Personally I don't feel like you truly know who you are until much later in life. The more you live, the more you discover and change and grow will express who you are but that is along ways over time. To pick what direction that will lead us to are most happiness future is daunting. We only have so much time to decide what we want to do with are life and I don't think we will fully know until we have experienced the world and learned of all the opportunities out there. Also where or not we have to make these life-alter choices alone or not is worrisome. You never know when you will find the person you want to share your life with and whether your capable of excepting that love or not.
After that there is generativity vs stagnation (40's-50's) where adults strive to create or nurture things that will outlast them like having children or contributing to positive changes the benefit of other people. Lastly integrity vs despair (60's and up) when people reflect back on the life they lived and come away with either a sense of fulfillment from a life well lived or a sense of regret and despair.
Even though I am only sixteen i already think of making an impression on the world or making a difference before i die. To have a child seems like a stressful hard life but incredibly worth it in the end to create life and watch them experience it. By the time i am 50 i hope to already have impacted the earth by helping others all over the world and still be continuing on with my work until i can no longer physically go on. Having a child would be difficult if i do plan on exploring every continent helping others but I think i will spend some time finding a home and raising a baby. One of my biggest fears today is having all these dreams and not filling any of them, but there is a likelyhood that i might end up doing the opposite of what i imagined for myself and I'm open to what life will present me.