2) Be respectful.
3) Tardies are unacceptable and will be handled through the Discipline Office.
4) Tablet, pencil/spiral notebook (three-ring binder), textbook and graphing calculator needs to be brought to class each day. Excuses are zeros.
5) All others conducive to the Code of Student Conduct.
Do not ask to go anywhere 10 minutes after or before the bell. Putting your items on or your near your desk and leaving will be a tardy if you are not back in time. When you are allowed to go to the restroom, no more than 10 minutes is allowed.
We talk (me especially)
*Not necessarily in that order.
The purpose of the AP course in statistics is to introduce students to the major
concepts and tools for collecting, analyzing and drawing conclusions from data.
Students are exposed to four broad conceptual themes:
1. Exploring Data: Describing patterns and departures from patterns
2. Sampling and Experimentation: Planning and conducting a study
3. Anticipating Patterns: Exploring random phenomena using probability
4. Statistical Inference: Estimating population parameters and testing hypotheses
- Describing patterns and departures from patterns
- Planning and conducting a study
- Exploring random phenomena using probability and simulation
- Estimating population parameters and testing hypotheses
**Students who successfully complete the course and exam may receive credit,
advanced placement or both for a one-semester introductory college statistics course. Check with the specific institution's policy by consulting its catalog or website. The exam is scheduled for Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 11:00 am.
Format of Assessment (3 hrs):
->60 MC Questions - 90 minutes - 50% of Exam Score
->6 FR Questions - 90 minutes - 50% of Exam Score
GRADING AND CODES
In Class Grading:
60% - Summative Assessments - Quizzes/Tests
40% - Formative Assessments - Homework, Classwork, Activities, etc.
Khan Academy - Coach's Code -
Google Classroom -