Region 18 ELAR Support Day #3, 1/19/16
Sign in here: go.esc18.net/signin
Here's what to expect today:
- Check in: how are things?
- Eduphoria work time & data driven instruction: TWAs
- Resources & Strategies Swap: what's working? what do we need to target?
- The Gift of Time: Plan!
Reinforce, Refine, Reflect
As teachers we wear many hats and have a plethora of TEKS to cover and duties to fulfill. Make a list of everything you teach and spend time on this semester (academic and otherwise).
Sort them into categories. What do you notice?
Resort into three categories:
1. Reinforce: Things I do well and want to/must continue doing
2. Refine: Things I want to tweak or change
3. Reflect: Things I want to stop doing
Building Assessments in Eduphoria
Recall Data Review: Asking Five Times Why
- Review data (three week assessments, final exams, formative assessments, etc.)
- Analyze where we are: why, why, why, why, why
- Create a data driven plan from here
TEKS Resource: http://www.teksresourcesystem.net/
- Depth of Knowledge Chart (click here)
- Bloom's Planning Guide Chart (click here)
- Padagogy Wheel: technology integration (click here)
Looking for Tech Extensions?
Check out High Tech Verbs to find extensions, tools, and apps to correspond with your planned objectives: hightechverbs.wikispaces.com
How are you questioning your students? How are they questioning one another?
- Pre-planning Higher Order Thinking Questions in lesson plans
- Focused Shift: Student questioning through sticks, wheels, mats, etc.
- Reminder: T-TESS evaluation tie in
- See ELAR "sticks" here
- Use a Random Generator: http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/
- Socratic Seminar, "Speed Dating", THINKING while reading...Figure 19 tie in
- DOK chart from Alice Keeler's blog
Future Thinking...Passion Projects...Student Choice & Voice:
Save these Dates!
Future Planning: Summer Literacy Academy
When: June 29 & 30
Where: CrossRoads Fellowship, Odessa
On a Random Note:
If you're looking for a good GT Training, look for anything related to the Texas Performance Standards Project: http://www.texaspsp.org/