Farmington View Friday Focus
September 28 - October 2
9:45-10:15 Attendance Meeting (Lisa & Roger)
1:00-1:30 STEM Meeting (Janet & Roger)
1:30 - Lock-In Drill
2:30-3:15 PBIS Team Meeting
7:00-8:00 Roger Hosting Parent SBAC Informational Night
Tuesday, September 29
2:15 Action Team
Wednesday, September 30
1:45-3:15 Principal Directed Academic Seminar
Thursday, October 1
7:30-3:30 (Heather, Jill & Roger at ESD for Elementary Collaboration)
11:30-12:15 Care Team (Lisa, Kathy & Jarrod)
1:25 PBIS Assembly
Friday, October 2
8:30-1:30 Robin's class to Magnuss Tree Farm
Nuts and Bolts
- Please make sure to complete your online safety training by September 30.
- Please remember to complete the staff accreditation survey. Thank you for taking the 10-15 minutes to do so.
- This week we will return to first lunch starting at 10:45.
- Speaking of lunch, we have ordered to stand alone hand washing stations that should be arriving soon. This should speed up the transition from recess to lunchroom.
- Please remember to pay your sunshine dues this week.
- All doors, except for the front door and the north back door, need to stay locked during the day. If you find a door unlocked, please lock it.
- We are still working on the entry way. Our concept is now in the hands of a graphic artist. Next week, she's going to give us a couple mock-ups that I'll share with all of you. Patience and perseverance on this one.
- Thank you to Marcia for getting All the Right Type set up and ensuring our students are learning how to effectively use the library.
- While observing Kim, she asked her students to think back to what they learned yesterday ( SIOP explicitly linking to past learning). Students were able to use their past learning to get them started on the new concept.
- Thank you to Kathy and Reuter for their patience in the lunchroom. The move to three lunches is a big change and each week should bring smoother times.
- During Daniel's PE class, students were enjoying a new type of dodge ball game. They were laughing, playing hard, and supporting one another.
- Janet planned and facilitated this week's teacher directed academic seminar. Her passion for, and leadership in STEM is making a huge impact at FV and Groner!
- Shelly to her class. Who would like to share their picture and thinking. By asking for students to share their thinking, you automatically move the DOK to level 2.
- During a lesson, Tracey stopped her class to go over the objective again. This provides students a purpose for what and why they are learning.