Achieving Together ... ONE Family
A Message from Mrs. Hyatt
Thank you for checking into our happenings at Richmond Drive. This past week was filled with lots of learning. We are enjoying getting to know all of the children and hoping they are enjoying getting to know the staff and other students at Richmond Drive.
Each week we will post a few pictures of some of the learning going on. We hope you enjoy reading our update and seeing the learning by all.
Signs are posted stating that "Masks are Highly Encouraged" as we notice cases of Covid and the variant on the rise. You, as a family, need to make the best choices for your family. If you have any questions, please contact our school nurse, Nurse Ellen McKinnon. She will assist you as much as she can.
Be sure to follow us on:
Facebook - Richmond Drive Elementary School
Twitter - @RichmondDrive
With much appreciation,
Masks on Buses
See message from the SC Department of Education below.
The South Carolina Department of Education issued a required directive to all school district leaders requiring students to wear face masks on state-owned buses. To read the memo issued in more detail, visit the SCDE Memoranda page: https://ed.sc.gov/newsroom/school-district-memoranda-archive/
Important COVID Message
This year our nursing team is working diligently to swiftly identify close contact children through contact tracing investigations. Parents of close contact children will be notified with a phone call, which may be automated, and an email.
Unfortunately, this year we do not have the capacity to notify every parent of a positive COVID case within a particular class, we can only work through the close contact notifications.
Our COVID dashboard is updated every night at 9 p.m. by our nursing team and will give you a look at the status of our school’s COVID numbers for the week. Visit the COVID Dashboard: https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/covid19
Thank you for your patience, it is greatly appreciated. Please help us in supporting our nurses with kindness and gratitude as they are working very hard to keep our children happy and healthy.
Rock Hill Schools
Attendance / Tardy
- Students are expected to come to school daily.
- The building opens at 7:00.
- Parents / Guardians can write a note for an absence for up to 5 days during the year.
- Notes can be handwritten or through the email - RDAbsenceDocumentation@rhmail.org
- The tardy bell rings at 7:45.
- Parents need to come into the building and sign in their child.
- Students will receive a tardy pass to class.
- If there is a long car line, we do not hold the door.
- Car rider pick up ends at 2:40.
- Students are then taken to the office to wait for their ride.
- Parents / Guardians will need to come into the building to sign their child out.
- This counts as a tardy pickup and attendance.
Mask Required on Buses
Friday, September 3 - Early Release (Dismissal at 11:00)
Monday, September 6 - Labor Day (No School)