San Elizario ISD Dress Code
UNIFORMS ARE REQUIRED (for Loya, Sambrano, Borrego, Alarcon, and GEMS)
- Must be short or long sleeve polo shirt with a collar.
- Polo shirts must be white, yellow-gold, or navy blue in color only.
- Polo shirts must fit appropriately. They may not be oversized and must be tucked in at all times.
- Undershirts must be a solid color and may not be worn as an outer-garment.
- Shoulders, abdomen, and back must be covered at all times. Spaghetti straps, halter tops, or tank tops are not allowed.
- Pants must be navy blue or khaki, Docker-style twill, chino fabric, jogger-style khaki, or blue jeans (no corduroy allowed).
- Shorts, skorts, skirts must be navy blue, khaki style, or Docker style.
- Shorts, skorts, skirts may not be more than three inches above the knee or excessively tight. [Also applies to HS students]
- Pants must not be oversized or skin tight. Pants must fit and be worn at the waist (not to exceed two inches larger than the student’s actual waist size).
- Pants shall not have tears (may not show skin or expose any undergarments.)
- No cargo pants (pockets along the leg) or bell bottoms.
- Baggy or saggy pants will not be permitted. (Must not be lower than the heel of the shoe.)
- Pajamas are not allowed.
- Pants that are torn are not allowed. Cut-off or un-hemmed pants are unacceptable.
- Coats, zip-up sweaters or jackets no longer than hip-length may be worn over the uniform shirt during the colder. They cannot be oversized and hoodies may not be worn in the building.
- Must not have lewd offensive or insignias that administration deems inappropriate. [Also applies to HS students]
- Students are encouraged to wear athletic or casual footwear. No bare feet.
- Steel toe shoes, flip flops, or house shoes (slippers) are not allowed. • Shoes that leave scuff marks are strongly discouraged.
Miscellaneous [Also applies to HS students]
- Piercing is only allowed in a student’s ears. No facial, tongue or other piercings permitted.
- No tattoos or link chains are permitted.
- Excessive jewelry (eg. Earing longer than 2 inches) or make-up that detracts from learning will not be allowed. Jewelry such as spikes, needles, safety pins, or gauges is not permitted. Jewelry that reflects gangs, gothic, or paramilitary is not allowed.
- Hair must be well-groomed and not cover the eyes. No unusual haircuts/styles are allowed (Mohawks, shavings, excessive spiked hair, etc.) to include no shaved designs or lines allowed in hair or eyebrows.
- Bandanas may not be worn or displayed in any way.
- Chains may not be used as belts or to secure wallets.
- Hats/caps/hoods/beanies may not be worn in the school building. Headpieces are not allowed in the halls/classrooms (e.g. helmets.)
- Excessively torn jeans which show undergarments above knee and or excessive skin are not allowed.
- Excessive Jewelry is NOT allowed (example – 2 bracelets per wrist is max., facial piercings limited to 2)
- Student hair must always be well-groomed and not cover the eyes (cuts and color are not an issue)
- Skirts must not be more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Inappropriate, lewd, offensive or gang-related tattoos must be covered at all times.
- No shower shoes or slides
Note for all Schools: Any other apparel which an administrator determines to be inappropriate or identified as gang-related, promotes or advertises any criminal activity, substance abuse to include vaping will not be permitted. Any other apparel not listed here is subject to administrator discretion.
The Dress Code is subject to change with upcoming trends/fashions