CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
A short week, but it has been busy with lots going on!
- Medieval Fair- The 6th graders wrapped up their project yesterday afternoon. I was thoroughly impressed with how well the students knew the material and they definitely looked the part. Miss Cook took quite a few pictures and you can click the button to access them. This was the culminating event for a project that included, Larks (people who dress up in medieval gear and battle), giving a demonstration in our gym last week. At that event, we received an official document that stated CSA Lincoln would be protected for one year by the clan. So we've got that going for us.
- Prosthetic Prototype Challenge- The 5th graders presented their prosthetic limb prototypes in the gym this afternoon for students, visitors and representatives of Columbus Regional Hospital. The CRH team used the rubric developed by the students to judge the prosthetics. The winners are pictured below!
- I was approached by some very eager 2nd grade students (pictured) about a project to support homeless children. This was not a class project, rather something that they were passionate about and decided to do something about it. They shared their PowerPoint presentation and will be selling popsicles at lunch later this month to raise money for an orphanage. You can view their presentation here. Emily, Lyra, Abby, Willow, Gigi and Braeili are great examples of self-motivated learners (pictured). I'm very proud of them!
- ISTEP starts next Tuesday for grades 3-6. We are continuing with the prize wheel and to make it a little more fun are adding some theme days. Please see the below schedule for dress up days.
- We had a Kindergarten Egg-tastic Parade this afternoon! You can watch it below!
- A group of teachers and PTO members from Paragon Elementary School spent the day at CSA Lincoln to learn about PBL.
Have a great long weekend!
ISTEP Part 2 STARTS NEXT WEEK!!!!!
Grades 3-6: April 18-21 (T-Fri), April 25-27 (T-TH)
ISTEP Theme Days
Wednesday (4/19)- Neon- Our students are so bright!
Thursday (4/20)- Work Out Day- Day 3 of testing. Starting to work up a sweat, but we've got this!
Friday (4/21)- Jersey Day- Tackle, dunk, score, (insert sports analogy here) on ISTEP!
Tuesday (4/25)- Dress to Impress- All dressed up and ready to go!
Wednesday (4/26)- Farmer Day- Time to Git Er Done!
Thursday (4/27)- Ninja/Kung Fu/Karate- Time to finish off ISTEP!
Friday (4/28)- Zombie Day- Testing is over. We made it...or did we?
Overall Winner-Prosthetic Prototype Challenge
4th Quarter Passions (Grades 3-6)
Food & Drink From Around the World- Mr. Sterling
Card Games- Miss Fenske
Shrinky Dinks- Miss Moore
Minute to Win it- Mrs. Biehle
Spring Activities- Miss Manuel
Everything is Awesome (Legos)- Mr. Wright
Superhero Myths and Legends- Mr. Shipley
Exercise Design- Miss Cook
Task Box Design- Mrs. Shaw
Point of View- Mrs. Goggin
Spring Crafts- Mrs. Blackerby
Photography- Mr. Kohne
Discover Downtown- Mrs. Thompson & Mrs. Netser
Devour Downtown- Mr. Findley & Mrs. Scarbrough
Husky Gram Winners
Upcoming PTO Events:
Star Wars Bowling - May 4th
37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Run- May 13th, 2017
The 37th Annual Elementary School Fitness Fun Run will be held at Mill Race Park on Saturday, May 13, 2017 beginning at 10:00 a.m. The run is hosted by the Columbus Running Club and is open to ALL elementary school students in Bartholomew AND surrounding counties.
Flyer about registration can be found here.
• Preschool & Kindergarten – 1⁄4 mile
• 1st & 2nd Grade – 1⁄2 mile
• 3rd & 4th Grade – 1 mile
• 5th & 6th Grade – 1 mile
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
BCSC Pre-K Applications
Our BCSC Pre-K Program is now accepting applications. Children must be 4 years old on or before August 1st, 2017. The application process will remain open, but we will start filling classroom rosters in March. The application can be found on the BCSC homepage. The direct link is, http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=1050. For more information, please feel free to contact us at 812-376-4569.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!