ECounseling & Consultation Services
Lois A. Pessolano Ehrmann PhD, LPC, NCC, DCC
Convenient Internet Based Services
Lois Ehrmann has had specialized training in distance internet based consultation and counseling and is certified as a Distance Credentialed Counselor through NBCC-CEE. She provides counseling to adults only within her online private practice but does also do consultation with parents related to their children's needs. She also provides consultation to professionals trying to fine tune their skills in the following models/strategies: Attachment Focused Family Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, Internal Family Systems Model of Psychotherapy.
Lois does clinical supervision for licensure only in the face to face environment at her agency in State College. For more information related to such clinical supervision go to www.individualandfamilychoices.com.
Dr. Lois Ehrmann's Credentials
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the States of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- PhD from Penn State University (2007) Counselor Education and Supervision
- Minor Areas of Focus: Human Development and Family Studies; Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- National Certified Counselor (NBCC)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS/CEE)
- Distance Credentialed Counselor
- Registered ATTACh Clinician and Board Member
- Certified Attachment Focused Family Therapist and Approved Consultant
- Certified EMDR (EMDRIA) Clinician and Approved Consultant
- Certified Internal Family Systems Therapist
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- Formally trained in Neurofeedback (EEG Spectrum Inc.)
Lois is also a well known and sought after trainer. She has presented at the National ATTACh Conference and the Annual Internal Family Systems Conference numerous times as well as in many other venues. She regularly trains and presents on the following topics:
- Attachment issues and ethical therapy for children and families
- Trauma informed care
- Assessment of Attachment and Trauma in Children, Adolescents, Adults and Families
- Using Internal Family Systems and EMDR with children and families
- Assessment of trauma and attachment in children, adolescents, adults and families
- Therapeutic Parenting
- Effective Management of a Human Services Agency
- Clinical Supervision/Administrative Supervision
About Lois Pessolano Ehrmann
Lois has worked in the field of human services for over 30 years and brings with her a multitude of experiences and training in her goals of assisting individuals on both their personal and professional journeys.
Lois first worked in mental health in Parkersburg WV where she received her Masters Degree in Counseling in 1986 from West Virginia University. Post graduation and licensing as both a social worker and professional counselor, Lois started a comprehensive family therapy program for substance abusing teenagers which included group therapy for both parents and the teenagers as well as individual and family therapy integration. In 1988 Lois and her family moved to State College, Pennsylvania where she and four partners opened an agency called Counseling Alternatives Group. This was a dual diagnosis agency and Lois specialized once again in acting out, substance abusing teenagers and their families. While managing and clinically supervising newer staff at Counseling Alternatives Group she began extensive training in trauma and attachment therapy and developed a specialty in that area. Her passion for researching and developing safe, holistic trauma informed treatment prompted her to return to university to obtain her PhD and to do research on the needs of attachment challenged traumatized children adopted out of the US foster care system. Her research also studied the needs of the parents who adopted these children. In addition while studying and researching she formally trained in EMDR, Internal Family Systems Therapy, Neurofeedback, mindfulness based practices, and Clinical Hypnosis. Although NOT a body/energy practitioner Lois also spent six months studying body and energy centered strategies of healing for trauma so that she could successfully integrate them into a holistic program of care.
All of these experiences led to her founding a new program in 2009 called the Individual and Family CHOICES Program in State College, PA which is an outpatient trauma center for individuals of all ages. CHOICES employs empirically evidenced therapeutic strategies as well as conventional treatment to the clients who come there for services.
Lois enjoys mentoring and guiding individuals whether through therapy or consultation on their individual journeys and is continually humbled and appreciative on the path.