SY20 TCES Family Issue #28
April 14, 2020
I hope last week's spring break provided your family with many opportunities to smile, laugh, and make fun memories.
As a reminder, Terrapin Tidbits, Issue #27 was packed full of information about our continuous learning opportunity that officially begins today. Our outstanding teachers are eager to work collaboratively with you to help our students regularly access and make academic progress in the Imagine Learning platform.
Take care, stay well, and keep smiling.
Throughout the extended school closure, SMCPS is providing continuous opportunities for learning. This not our normal way of doing business, so there are many questions. SMCPS will provide ongoing updates for these questions in this format.
- April 15, 2020: Report Cards available on HAC
- The SMCPS Academy Application Window is still open! Students interested in applying for the STEM Academy grades 4-9, the Acadamy of Global and International Studies, the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts, and the Academy of Finance must complete an online application. Academy Applications will close on Friday, April 17, 2020. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- April 22, 2020: Purple Up! for military kids
- School Buildings Closed: State Superintendent Dr. Karen Salmon has announced that Maryland public schools will be closed through Friday, April 24, 2020.
Last Call! Cost $16.04 + 1.96 [tax and handling] = $18.00 Deadline: April 17, 2020
We will be available via email to answer and respond to questions and concerns. Although staff may be available outside of these times, please be aware that responses to any communications received outside of these hours may be delayed. Thank you!
Marking Period 3 Report Cards: Available on HAC April 15
- Directions on how to access the Home Access Center [LINK] and where to find the report card can be accessed here: SMCPS HAC Manual [LINK].
- Please email Suzanne VerHaagh firstname.lastname@example.org for your HAC username and/or password.
- For students in Grades K–4, teacher narrative comments will be emailed separately.
- Individual progress reports for students receiving special education services will also be emailed.
April is the Month of the Military Child
RESOURCE: On-line Reading Material
The COVID-19 time capsule is created by Long Creations – and gives your child an opportunity to document what we’re going through. It’s something to save and look back on at the role they played in this historic moment.
Hello from our Intermediate TCES Bunch!
Town Creek Elementary
Follow us on Twitter!