Ray Marsh Newsletter
April 5, 2019; updated April 8th
Added Information April 8
March of Dimes Tuesdays
This Tuesday April 9th, wear PURPLE !!
Student Council is sponsoring a fundraiser for March of Dimes and asking every student to bring $1 and wear PURPLE on Tuesday (The color for March of Dimes)
JoCo Library - Free book
Starting on May 20th, kids, teens, and families can come into any Jo Co Library location to receive a free book! No strings attached, while supplies last, through July 31.
For those who enjoy it, we will have paper logs available to take home.
6th Grade Trailridge Cross-Country
- Event: Cross-Country Parent information night
- Date/Time: Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Arrive at 5:50 PM).
- Location: Trailridge MPR(Cafeteria) (7500 Quivira Rd) (View Map)
Details: Go into front entrance and follow signs to MPR
- Event Notes:
This night is to give parents an idea of what the program is about and things you would need to try to complete before the season starts. We will cover how we will communicate, how summer running will work, opportunities for parents to get involved.
End of Year Calendar
- Seniors last day – May 10, 2019
- 6th Grade Olympic Festival at Trailridge MS -- May 10, 2019
- RM Field Day -- May 14, 2019
- SMNW Graduation -- May 16, 2019
- PreK students last day – May 22, 2019
- 6th Grade Recognition Night -- May 22, 2019 7:00p
- K-11 students last day – May 23, 2019 **This is an early dismissal day, 12:30p.**
- Teacher last day – May 24, 2019
*This is all subject to change for seniors IF we miss ONE more day of school. Others will be impacted with more than one day.
PTA Reflection Award Winners
- Isadora Herbst, Award of Excellence, Dance choreography
- Caitlyn Pflumm, Award of Merit, Film Production
Night of the Stars
Original Information April 5
To better address the needs of current and future students, the Kansas State Department of Education is surveying parents and guardians of children 18 years of age or younger about their current perceptions about various post-high school opportunities. In other words, how do you as a parent or guardian define success for your child? Please take five minutes to complete the following survey, answering questions in respect to your oldest child who is today 18 years old or younger.
Thank you in advance for your participation in this short survey and for all you do to help our state prepare the next generation of Kansas children for tomorrow’s workforce. Click the link to begin the survey now: Sincerely, Dr. Randy Watson Kansas Commissioner of Education https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJ5HB5T
Upcoming Events at RM
- Talent Show 7p in the gym
- Site Council mtg. 4:30p
- PTA mtg. 6:30p
- Family Day at Johnny's Tavern
- Kindergarten Round Up 6:00p
- No School
- 2nd and 3rd field trip to Folly Theater
- End of Yr Band and Strings concert at SMNW 7p
- Open House 4:30-6:00p
- 5th field trip Union Station
- 6th science enrichment Pig Heart and Lungs
Past Newsletter Items
Cash 4 Cougars-KC Dining Club Discount
Incoming Kindergarten Students
Please continue to pass the word that kindergarten packets for the 2019-20 SY are available for pickup in the office. We also have some fun upcoming dates for our future kindergarten students to attend a Ray Marsh class. The Cougar Club dates are as follows:
- Come Read With Me! April 9th--11:05-11:30 in the library
- Come Move With Me! April 25th--11:05-11:30 in the gym