College & Financial Aid Information
November 10, 2021
College and Financial Aid Information Night
If you have further questions please contact your academic counselor, click the school links below to see a list of academic counselors by school site.
JUHSD has partnered with the California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) to help students develop a well-informed college and career plan. CCGI is a nonprofit that works with school districts throughout California to achieve two major goals:
Ensure that all high school seniors in California graduate with clear postsecondary goals and a plan for how to achieve them
Each student’s academic transcript data follows them as they advance across educational systems to reduce information gaps that could otherwise hinder their success.
CaliforniaColleges.edu offers students, families, and educators a single access point for college and career preparation, applications, planning tools, and information to help plan for life after high school. Click here to access the JUHSD College and Career Readiness website to view resources available through CaliforniaColleges.edu.
***Students will use their jeffersonunion.net email to create their accounts in CaliforniaColleges.edu. Additionally, add a personal secondary email to ensure access after graduation.
Launching College Applications through CaliforniaColleges.edu
Learn about college, make a plan, and launch your college applications—all in one place! Use your account to:
- Launch your application to the California Community Colleges (CCC), California State University (CSU), or University of California (UC).
- Keep track of all your applications in My Plan.
- See your application status. Your counselor can track your status, too.
Find colleges on CaliforniaColleges.edu.
- Use the College Search Tool to find CCCs, CSUs, and UCs.
- Look for colleges that offer programs that will help you reach your career goals.
- Click the heart icon to save your favorites to your College List in My Plan.
- Click here to explore videos that provide an introduction to colleges in CA.
Before you launch CSU and/or UC application, review your Academic Planner. Your coursework will transfer from your California Colleges account. Make an appointment with your academic school site counselor for specific questions.
Community College Application - No application deadline
Calfornia State University Application - Due: November 30, 2021
University of California Application - Due: November 30, 2021
FAFSA/CADAA Application - Due: March 2, 2022
Financial Aid Information
www.fastweb.com - scholarship information
FSA ID Website - Students & Parents need to create a FSA ID before beginning the FAFSA application