WMS Friday Forecast
February 17, 2023
Happy Friday RedHawk Parents and Guardians:
Sometimes our kids get home from school and we ask them how their day was. We often get simple, one-word responses such as “Fine”, “OK”... But those answers aren't very satisfying to us, as parents.
A story popped up in my news reader called, 30 Questions To Ask Your Kid Beyond 'How Was Your Day?' It had some really good suggestions and some conversation starters, including:
What was the most unexpected thing that happened today?
Did everything go exactly as planned today?
What challenges did you face today?
What made you laugh today?
Did anyone do something weird today?
Who is your favorite teacher?
Having those deeper conversations is an important way to gauge how your child is doing in middle school, along with keeping clear and open lines of communication.
Enjoy your weekend!
Attention 6th & 7th Grade Families:
Middle school exploratory forms were sent home this Wednesday with your students and are due back to our Student Services office by February 22, 2023. Course Descriptions can be found on our website under academics. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's counselor.
RedHawk Pride Awards
Congratulations to our current RedHawk Pride recipients. Know that we appreciate your effort, how you treat others, and how you follow our Guidelines for Success!
Current recipients (presented by):
- Amira Abukhader from Team 7-2
- Ben Agnitsch from Mrs. Watts
- Christian Alakkatt from Mr. Hancock
- Jordan Betham from Mrs. Watts
- Kian Birkett from Mr. Kovach
- Giana Borri from Mrs. Goettel, Mr. Foulkes & Mr. Celaya
- Stephanie Brennan from Mr. Hancock
- Dillon Carlson from Mrs. Watts
- Fiona Chau from Mrs. Goettel, Mr. Foulkes & Mr. Celaya
- Avery Coffin from Your RISE Teachers
- Liam Diepenbrock from Mr. Pesek
- Brynn Eder from Team 7-2
- Gia Farinella from Team 6-2
- Maria Giangrasso from Mr. Kovach
- Alice Gromada from Team 6-2
- Anthony Gundlach from Mr. Hancock
- Samantha Jahnke from Mrs. Bach
- Dana Kave from Mr. Hancock
- Taylor Kegal from Mrs. Watts
- Constantine Kouvelis from Mrs. Duck
- Sophia Leone from Mrs. Bach
- Gianna Little from Mrs. Watts
- Aiden Langelan from Team 7-2
- Mae Lumpp from Mrs. Duck
- Michael Mayer from Team 6-2
- Reagan McAdams from Team 6-2
- Mia McCabe from Mrs. Watts
- Tenley Metzke from Team 6-2
- Kourtney Parsons from Team 7-2
- Simran Patel from Mrs. Bach
- Ryan Russom from Mrs. Goettel, Mr. Foulkes & Mr. Celaya
- Logan Schoeler from Mrs. Watts
- Dominick Sewell from Mr. Hancock
- Maddy Shannon from Mrs. Watts
- Naisha Solanki from Mr. Kovach
- Trevor Steinkellner from Mr. Pesek
- Tyler Stewart from Team 7-2
- Daniel Sullivan from Mr. Pesek
- Teagan Syzdek from Your RISE Teachers
- Isabella Tran from Mrs. Goettel, Mr. Foulkes & Mr. Celaya
- Jake Woods from Team 7-2
- Karim Yassine from Team 6-2
WMS Celebrates Kindness Week February 20-24
Wredling students will be celebrating Kindness Week February 20 - 24. Our Student Council & Builder's Club have been meeting to make plans to demonstrate and share kindness throughout that week. From Kindness videos, to notes, to nominating someone for an act of kindness, there will be a lot happening around the halls of Wredling.
2nd Semester Non-Attendance Days for Students
February 20th - Monday - Presidents’ Day Holiday
March 3rd - Friday - Kane County Institute Day
March 27th - 31st - Spring Break
April 7th - School Improvement Planning Day
2nd Semester Early Release Dates for Middle School
February 22nd - Wednesday. Dismissal at 2:52 PM for all students
March 22nd - Wednesday. Dismissal at 2:52 PM for all students
April 26th - Wednesday, Dismissal at 2:52 PM for all students
Wredling Middle School - Home of the RedHawks
Location: 1200 Dunham Road, St. Charles, IL, USA