7 Burgundy Newsletter
- African Project Due Thursday, Feb. 27th
- Geometry Project Due Monday, Feb 24th
We finished our China unit with a trip to Super China Buffet, also tying in with the Chinese New Year. I would like to thank all students who attended for their awesome behavior while at the restaurant and their thankfulness expressed to the restaurant employees! I am so proud of these kiddos!
We have now turned our focus to Africa. Beginning with its geography, students are becoming more aware of how geography impacts the way people live. Students will be researching an African country and then creating a project of their choice, an electronic quilt or a shoe box float. Project is due Thursday, Feb. 27th.
I would also like to point out students are reading a short novel in Language Arts that ties in to our study of Africa. This should be sparking some discussion at the dinner table.
- how juxtaposing multiple characters help authors develop and contrast points of view
- how reading from different texts about the same topic can build understanding
- working effectively with classmates in discussion
- reading for gist
- determining central ideas or themes of literary text
Skeletal & Muscular Systems station and homework choices due Friday, 2/7
Skeletal & Muscular Systems test on Monday, 2/10
"Heart Day" on 2/13
No school on 2/14 and 2/17
Circulatory System Travel Brochure due Monday 2/24