Week of 11/26/23/ Semana del 26/11/23
Week of 12/3/23/ Semana del 3/12/23
D A T E S T O R E M E M B E R
SAFETY AT DISMISSAL
- Please help us provide a safe environment for all children during dismissal. Parents, caregivers and siblings (and anyone else who picks up a student) should stand down near the curb area past the sidewalk to wait for students.
- The bus loop area is only for students taking the school bus. Please do not enter the area.
- Move into the car loop and refrain from waiting on Franklin to allow busses to pick up and enter the bus loop.
LESSONS ON LANGUAGE THAT HARMS (GRADES 7 & 8)
Read the letter about lessons that will be delivered in 7th & 8th grade PE classes about important content matter as Eastern Middle School aspires to serve a community that is open, welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all our beautifully diverse cultures.
WAYS TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT WEATHER CLOSINGS
TV and Radio: Local Stations
Text and Email: Alert MCPS
- Alert MCPS provides you with emergency information about school operations via text messages (i.e. SMS text or email messages) to devices you register. Signing up for Alert MCPS is free, but your wireless carrier may charge you a fee to receive text messages. This service is provided in collaboration with the Montgomery County government. Weather-related messages are sent in English and Spanish. Sign up for Alert MCPS
- Twitter, Facebook and Instagram - A Twitter account allows you to follow MCPS text-message updates on your computer or on your cell or other mobile device. Twitter updates will include emergency message and other school system news. http://twitter.com/mcps
USE HOMEWORK CLUB!
Homework club meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays on a regular basis.
- Students should meet up after school in the cafeteria with club sponsors Mr. Haynos, Ms. Hill, or Ms. Gonzalez.
- Students should bring in a signed permission slip, which is available in the front hallway or on Eastern’s website (in the “after school activities” tab). This allows them to attend Homework Club whenever they need extra help.
MCPS Things To Know
MCPS THINGS TO KNOW for NOV. 30th
Here are things to know for Thursday, Nov. 30. Be sure to save the date and tune in for the live presentation of the superintendent's recommended operating budget, get information about inclement weather, winter sports spectator safety and security, how to become a Summer RISE 2024 host, and good news about our students and staff this week!
MONTGOMERY COUNTY COUNCIL YOUTH TOWN HALL
You are invited to join the Montgomery County Councilmembers and MCPS student leaders as we discuss important youth centric issues. Student attendees will be able to share their questions and concerns and participate in a dialogue with our county's leadership.
Submit your RSVP (https://bit.ly/MOCOYouthTownHallNov2023) and any questions you would like for us to share with the County Council.
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Stella Werner Council Office Building, 100 Maryland Ave, Rockville, MD 20850
6:15 - 6:50 PM Pizza reception on the 4th floor of the Council Office Building
7:00 - 8:30 PM Youth Town Hall in the Council Hearing Room on the third floor
All registered attendees may attend in person or on Zoom. Those who choose to attend virtually will receive the link to the Zoom link the day of the program (via on November 29, 2023). An SSL advocacy exercise will be presented during the program and students must attend the program and complete the advocacy exercise in order to earn 2 SSL hours.
From The Eastern Middle School PTSA:
2nd ANNUAL KidWind CHALLENGE HOSTED BY UMD
The clean energy design and build competition, KidWind engages students in grades 4-12 to explore clean energy through a hands-on design challenge. Students in the DMV area will design and build wind turbines in preparation for the regional competition, where they will test their wind turbines in wind tunnels, hear from industry professionals, and more.To register or for more info: go.umd.edu/3tDcGEA | Questions: email@example.com
THE HOLIDAY GIVING PROJECT
The Holiday Giving Project has provided Thanksgiving and December assistance to low-income households for over 30 years.
- A network of social workers, school counselors, and human service professionals refer families in need of assistance. Local non-profits, faith-based organizations, and public agencies serve Holiday Giving recipients, as donations are available.
- If you and your family are in need and would like to be referred for possible assistance for the holiday season, complete the referral form to provide the required information. Resources are limited: please apply only if you and your family are truly in need.
- While a referral is not a guarantee of assistance, the Project helps as many families in need as donations allow.
F A M I L Y * R E S O U R C E S
* H E R E * T O * H E L P !
Emails and phone numbers for support in the school:
- Main Office: (240) 740-6280
- Admin Secretary: Ms. Perez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance Secretary: Ms. Blanco: email@example.com
- Front Office Secretary: Ms. Calderon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Assistant: Ms. Zhang: email@example.com
- (Last Names A-R): Rachel Greene - firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Last Names S-Z): Cherine Roberts- email@example.com
- (Last Names A-S) Cayla Cwerner- firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Last Names T-Z): Cherine Roberts- email@example.com
- (Last Names A-S): Genevieve Loving- firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Last Names T-Z): Ms. Robertsemail@example.com
- Principal - Ms. Shorts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th Grade Assistant Principal- Matthew Kerwin: email@example.com
- 7th Assistant Principal- Charles Feamster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Assistant Principal- Deidre Levin: email@example.com
Excellence at Eastern MS #Eaglenation/ WE'RE BETTER TOGETHER!
Location: Eastern Middle School, University Boulevard East, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Phone: (240) 740-6280
X : @EasternMS_Prin