Ernie Pyle Elementary School 2022-2023 ~ December 9, 2022
Message from the Principal
Hello Pyle Families,
This week we have been encouraging students to respect each other. We have reminded students how to solve problems with the "I message" and we have been reminding students that we keep our hands to ourselves at school. Our Panthers have been working on always showing their PAWS. Please ask your student what PAWS means to them.
The items for the fundraiser that we had in Oct/Nov will be delivered next week Wednesday, December 14th after school in the cafeteria. Please make arrangements to help your student after school on Wednesday to take these items home.
Our Lost and Found is filled with many jackets. Please encourage your student to stop by and ensure that they have everything that belongs to them. Any items left after December 22 will be donated.
Writing Contest - Bring your words to life!
Ernie Pyle All School Winter Concert
Save the date: Our ETMLA All school Music performance will be on Thursday, December 22 beginning at 8:45 am.
Lost & Found
Hour of Code at Ernie Pyle
Hour of Code activity site: https://hourofcode.com/us/learn
- Code Monkey Jr - https://hourofcode.com/codemonkeyjr
- BeKids Coding (built in story makes it longer) - https://hourofcode.com/bekidscoding
- Light Bot - https://hourofcode.com/lightbot
- Hello World - https://hourofcode.com/hello
- Code Farm - https://hourofcode.com/coderzfarm
- Dance Party - https://hourofcode.com/dance2019
- Mine Craft - https://hourofcode.com/mchoc
- Dragon Blast - https://hourofcode.com/tynkerdb
- Grinch Christmas - https://hourofcode.com/grinch
- Barbie - https://hourofcode.com/petvet
- Playlab - https://hourofcode.com/inf
- Sports game - https://hourofcode.com/athlete
- Star Wars - https://hourofcode.com/star-wars
- Turtle Traffic - https://hourofcode.com/codestersturtle
- Ozaria - https://hourofcode.com/codecombatozaria
- Images and Animations - https://hourofcode.com/codeitimages
Meet Ms. Genesis Frausto - School Psychologist
Hello! I am Ms. Genesis Frausto, and I am the school psychologist of Ernie Pyle for the 2022-2023 school year. This is my first year in the Bellflower Unified School District and I am excited to be a part of the Ernie Pyle community. It is my goal to apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. I look forward to partnering with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments.
Tuesday we will be having our ELAC meeting. This meeting is open to all parents. We will be reviewing the importance of regular attendance, school safety, and we will have a special guest speaker from the Norwalk Adult school who will share about the free classes they offer. Please join us on Tuesday, December 13, 2022.
School Site Council - Public Safety Meeting
Tuesday, December 20, 2022, at 3:00 pm in room 21 we will have our public safety and school site council meeting. We will be reviewing our safety plan. Please join us if you would like to know more about our school safety plan.
Ernie Pyle is a Uniform School
Students have access in their Clever accounts to a program called Paper Tutoring. This program is for students in grades 4 through 12 and it is completely free on-demand tutoring assistance. Please remind your students that this is available to them should they want or need any help on any assignments.
How do students access 24/7 live help on Paper?
How Do Students Use PAPER's Essay Review?
Follow us on Instagram
- Bell Schedule
- School Calendar
- Cafeteria Information
- Parent Portal
- Bellflower USD now has our own app available in both the iTunes and Google Play stores. Download the BUSD APP and have all messages right at your fingertips!
Ernie Pyle Elementary School
We are PAWSitive Panthers! Our choices determine our success.