Technology and Health
Fitness Tools to Get You in Shape!
- Great training program for boosting your endurance or training for a marathon
- On the App store for $3.99 or get the 5K marathon version for $1.99
- Create your own custom playlists before you start running: the story unfolds in between your tracks through a series of dynamic radio messages and voice recordings. You are literally running from zombies while you track your progress and your calories burned
- Tracks your workout and plays music that will get you moving based on the data it has collected
- You can get it online for $202
Striiv Smart Pedometer
- Tracks how much you walk throughout the day and will donate money to charities as you hit milestones and goals.
- Buy online for $99.95
Fitocracy Social Network
- Fitness-oriented social network offers up points for working out, quests for exercising, and badges for reaching fitness goals and you can connect with friends on the website
Endomondo Sports Tracker
- Available on the app store for $4.99
- The app uses GPS features on your phones to track running, cycling, jogging, skating. Basically any sport that you can measure by distance and motivates you to keep going!
- Fitness tests that will help get you lean or stronger
- Basic workouts provided in the free version
- Free, but if you want more content you can pay $4.99 a month to get more