Teach Like a Pirate Book Study
Join the Summer Fun!
This summer ships will set sail to explore new lands and unlock a treasure chest full of engaging ideas for your classroom! Join the crew to "captivate your class, create outrageously engaging lessons, rediscover your passion for teaching" and have fun with your colleagues while reading Dave Burgess', Teach Like a Pirate!
Sign up here by May 31st to lock your seat on this voyage!
Located in the School-Based -PD Catalog. Select the course, "Book Study - Dumbarton Middle - Teach Like a Pirate."
Pirates' Code: Ship Rules
- This book study is VOLUNTARY (and hopefully fun!!). When completed fully, you will earn 1 MSDE/CPD credit
- Adhere to the code:
- Honor the expertise that each person brings
- Raise questions if you have them
- Be willing to take risks and challenge your prior thoughts/beliefs/practices
- Extend the conversation to other colleagues during your journey
- Respect deadlines
- Be positive, encourage others, and have fun!!...or walk the plank!
- HAVE FUN! This book is all about how to become a better, more energetic, more joyful, more passionate educator. Some parts may resonate more with you than others and that is perfectly fine! Take what pieces of information work for you and use them. The rest, you can toss overboard!