Chase County 4-H Newsletter
February-Nebraska 4-H Month!
4-H Enrollment-Early Bird Special!
Thursday, Jan. 27th, 9pm to Tuesday, March 1st, 11:45pm
This is an online event.
Enroll now! Enrollment fees are 1/2 off until the end of the day, March 1, 2022!
Market Beef Weigh In-Imperial Auction Market
Saturday, Feb. 5th, 9-11am
130 Adelaide Street
Beef Weigh In Facts:
- Weigh in is NOT MANDATORY. Tags may be picked up from the office. Deadline for tagging/ID sheets/animal photos -Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- To compete in the Rate of Gain Contest, Beef must be weighed in at the Chase County Beef Weigh In.
- Beef can be weighed/tagged in another county. Turn in ID Sheets and pictures of animal with tag to the office by June 1. Not eligible for Rate of Gain.
- Breeding Beef do not need to be weighed. You can bring them to check a weight if you desire, but it will not be recorded/not required at the office.
- If your animal is not tagged at a 4-H weigh in, a picture of the animal with tag in ear will be required. Animals tagged at a weigh in do not need to submit photos.
Chase County 4-H Council Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 15th, 6pm
490 East 5th Street
Chase County Extension Office Closed-President's Day
Monday, Feb. 21st, 8am-4pm
490 East 5th Street
4-H Enrollment is OPEN!
The 4HOnline enrollment system has been updated! Use the link below to log in, or go to v2.4honline.com to enroll. User emails and passwords are the same-do not create a new account. 4-H Enrollment in Nebraska is open through June 15, 2022, but the EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT for Chase County runs through March 1! All members who enroll by/on March 1, 2022 pay $10 per member in enrollment fees. March 2-June 15 enrollment fees are $20 per member.
Enrollment Website: v2.4honline.com
Complete enrollment instructions can be found on the Perkins-Chase Extension Website: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/perkins-chase/4-h-enrollment/
All members, leaders and volunteers are required to submit a new enrollment every year to remain active!
Pick Your Project
What projects should I take? What options are there? Wondering what to choose in 2022? Take a look at the Pick Your Project resource and don't forget looking at the 2021 Fair Book. Although the Fair Book changes slightly every year, it is still a great resource when you are thinking about new projects. Questions? Call the office!
Celebrate 4-H and help Grow 4-H in Chase County!
County Fair Livestock Nominations (ID Sheets/Photos)
- All Livestock ID Sheets for the Chase County Fair are due to the Extension Office by Wednesday, June 1, 2022! ID Sheets (Affadavits) may be picked up from the Extension Office or accessed on our website:
- Market Beef/Hogs are required to have tags. Tags may be picked up from the Extension Office.
- Breeding Beef-ID Sheet with date of birth required. ID may be a tattoo or herd ID tag.
- Breeding Swine-EID tag or Swine Tag. Available at Office.
- ALL Sheep/Goats-Scrapies Tags Required. Available at Office.
- No ID Requirements for Poultry.
- Rabbits-ID Sheet. Available at office or online.
- Please review the Perkins-Chase County ID Requirements page on our website: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/perkins-chase/2022%20County%20ID%20Requirements.pdf
State Fair Livestock Requirements
Taking livestock projects to State Fair? Plan now! Here is what you need to do:
*Enroll in 4-H
*Exhibitors must be 10 years old 4-H Age (as of Jan. 1) to show livestock at State Fair
*Market Beef/Swine-Tag with EID tags and collect DNA Sample-return to office
*Breeding Beef-Tattoo (make sure it is legible before State Fair, commercial Breeding Beef may use tattoo or EID tag )
*All Sheep/Goats-Scrapies Tags
*Market Sheep/Goats-collect DNA Sample-return to office
*Have a Premisis ID (see attached link)
*Nominate All Animals Online by June 15 in Show Stock Manager
Horse ID Sheets
All Horse ID sheets and Level Testing (for District/State) due to the office Thursday, May 5, 2022! Horse ID sheets may be picked up at the Extension Office or accessed on our website.
Volunteer Help Needed at the Imperial Movie Theater
Public Speaking Contest
2022 Chase County 4-H Calendar
Hard Copy or Online
Nebraska 4-H Farrowed and Owned Swine Cohort
Looking for a new project to try out in 2022? The Special Agronomy Project is a new opportunity allowing youth to cultivate a crop that is, was, or has the potential to be grown in Nebraska. This year’s project will focus on the Broomcorn Sorghum. Learn more at cropwatch.unl.edu/special-agronomy-project.
Call the Extension Office to reserve your Broomcorn Sorghum Seeds!
2022 Special Garden Project-Rubenza Cosmos
Youth should enroll for the Special Garden Project through 4-H Online.
Once youth have enrolled-call the Extension Office to reserve your Rubenza Cosmos Seeds!