Volume 2, Issue 33
What an incredibly busy and long week we have all had with testing, abbreviated schedules, and much more. I cannot thank you all enough for your flexibility, attention to detail, willingness to help, and positive attitudes! Words also cannot describe how thankful I am for the support PTO has provided Ashley and me as we celebrated and honored our staff both last week and this week. I hope that while May is a busy month for all of us that you are able to find some time this weekend to relax and rejuvenate!
Have a great weekend!
Have a great weekend!
Our Week At A Glance
- Advisory / Grade Check, Binder Check, WOW
- Symphonic Band Rehearsal / 7:45 - 8:20
- Beginner Band Rehearsal / 3:30 - 4:45
- Soccer Game vs. PV / CTHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- Happy Birthday, Brenda Klemanchuck!
- Advisory / Dear & PLC
- All library books due!
- Lions Quest Mtg. / HCTC / 7:45 - 2:20
- Band Concerts @ CTHS - Beginning @ 6:30 / Symphonic & Honors / 7:30
- Lone Star Reading Field Trip
- Math Plus Field Trip
- Advisory / Math STAAR Nugget
- EMS ISD Employee Awards Luncheon / HCTC / 11:30 - 1:00
- Academic Team Party / Room 120 / 3:30 - 4:30
- Advisory / Lions Quest
- Elisha / District Meeting Off Campus / All Day
- EMS Fine Arts Performing @ Bass Hall / 8:00 pm
- Advisory / Planner Check & WOW
- Soccer Tournament
- Elisha / Off Campus / All Day
- Student Council Field Trip
- NJHS Field Trip to Parkview Elementary / All Day
- Soccer Tournament
- Theater Monologue Showcase / Ed Willkie / 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Dates from Mrs. Peters:
- May 17th - All books due to library
- May 17th - Lone Star Reads Field Trip to Itz Pizza
- May 23-27th - Spring Book Fair
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Yes, I am screaming to attempt to show you how much I appreciate all of you for making this a great week for our students! It is a stressful and long week for all but because of YOU, our students didn't seem to feel our stress.
- Please turn in your STAAR testing manual today outside of Christie's office on her bench or in her box in the lounge.
- Pamela Kelly, 7th grade Science/Coach, has been given the opportunity to teach at the school where her children attend. She will be teaching 4th grade Science & Math. We wish her the best!
- Jennifer Smith and Bri Perry- Thank you for organizing a fabulous NJHS ceremony!
- Gayatri Pandit and Priscilla Green- Thank you for supporting our students by attending the NJHS ceremony!
- Holly Willis- Thank you for donating highlighters to our STAAR testing collection!
- Christie Warden - Thank you for creating the STAAR couragement bags for our students and for a smooth testing week!
- Vera Louder, Amy Huddleston, and Jen Cross - Thank you for filling in for restroom monitor during testing!
- Vivian Ayers - Thank you for your kindness and recognizing the hard work of others!
- Danny Knowles - Thank you for taking care of desks, waters, and dictionaries for our testing!
- Maria Guerrero and Sylvia Menchaca - Thank you for watching the weather and keeping us informed!
- Jen Mobley, Karen Walters, Ashley Velasco, and Laura Ortiz - Thank you for keeping our campus running with all the errands to retrieve students, keeping track of absences, picking up testing supplies, and handing out the STAAR courage bags to students!
- Karri Boyd, Kyle Wheatley, and Carl Lorey - Thank you for your help with the STAAR pep rally! The band and choir sounded awesome!
- Katie Munk - Thank you for a last minute errand to make sure our pantry had fresh break for a family in need and making a visit to ADC!
- Samantha Bailey - Thank you for serving as our cheer sponsor! We are going to miss you!
- Jackie Auger, Heather Rush, and Alicia Leone - Thank you for relocating your classes while students were testing!
- Dawn Reynolds - Thank you for taking time to make your students know how much you learned from them!
- Brenda Klemanchuck - Thank you for always offering a helping hand and being so compassionate with our students!
- Nyemade Gilmore - Thank you for rearranging your routine to make sure our students were serviced without a glitch!
- Moe Peressim - Thank you for taking care of a situation in the hallway when administrators were tending to other situations!
- Waine Bourgeois - Thank you for baking your yummy cupcakes for our testing administrators!
- Jen Mobley - Thank you for all your help during our STAAR testing week with covering classes, helping at lunch, relieving, etc.!
- Ashley Velasco - Thank you for all of your hard work with making sure our lunches during STAAR testing week were perfect!
- Katie Munk - Thank you for being on call and helping with situations that arise after hours!
- Priscilla Green - Thank you for being available to our parents and students after hours!
- Juan Hermosillo and Jen Fifer - Thank you for seeing a need in the 7th grade testing hallway and taking care of it!
- Corrina Peters & Kayla Bradford - Thank you for monitoring the hallways during all passing periods!
- Trey Brown, Brady Blair, David Johnson, and Garrett Smith - Thank you for covering the gym with all the different classes during testing week!
- Bob Eikenberry - Thank you for keeping our popcorn going on Fridays!
- Karen Walters and Jen Fifer - Thank you for always cleaning up our popcorn mess on Fridays!
- Jennifer Smith - Thank you for helping a parent out that reached out to you via email after school was over for the day!
- Lisa Strine, Melissa Chance, Tammie Cox, Domitila Noel, DeShannon Tays, Lyndsey Summers, and Sylvia Salinas - Thank you so much for all you do for our students each day during lunch and for working with our administrators so well!
- Jen Cross - Thank you for always being here for us in a time of need!
- Jen Mobley - Thank you for always going above and beyond without having to be asked!
- Jen Fifer - Thank you for coming to our rescue always!
- BJ Kiser, Rob Moore, and David Kaiser - Thank you for your flexibility and your willingness to help with our make-up testing!
- Amy Huddleston - Thank you for helping serve lunch to our teachers!
- All Individuals Involved in Testing - A HUGE thank you to everyone for everything!
Important Upcoming Dates
- 5/23 - Choir Concerts @ EW - 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Choirs / 6:30 pm
- 5/24 - Soccer Game vs. HMS / CTHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- 5/25 - 6th Grade Art Field Trip / Kimbell Art Museum
- 5/25 - 2017 DC Parent Meeting / 6:00 pm
- 5/26 - 7th Grade Art Field Trip / Dallas Cowboy Stadium
- 5/26 - 8th grade awards ceremony / Cafeteria / 6:30
- 5/27 - 6th grade awards ceremony / Cafeteria / 9:00
- 5/27 - 7th grade awards ceremony / Cafeteria / 2:00
- 5/27 - Band Party for 7th & 8th grades / Ed Willkie / 6:00 - 10:00 pm
- 5/27 - NJHS Field Trip to Remington Pointe / AM Only
- 5/30- Memorial Day / School Holiday / No School
- 5/31 - Ice Cream Band Social / Cafeteria / 6:00 - 7:00
- 5/31 - Soccer Game vs. CV / BHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- 6/2 - 8th grade Dance / Cafeteria / 6:00 - 8:00 pm