February 15, 2016
- Monday, February 29 and Wednesday, March 2: Pinwheel Sale and Hot Chocolate outside of Bradley Hall 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 29 - Thursday, March 3: Cookie Delivery 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 9:00 a.m: Shamrock 5K run. The cost is $25. Participants will receive a t-shirt and one ticket to our pancake breakfast. To register, click HERE
- Saturday, March 5: Pancake Breakfast at 9:00 a.m. Tickets are $5.
- All proceeds go towards Prevent Child Abuse America.
AEPi Subway Night
Alpha Epsilon Pi
- This Wednesday, February 17, join the men of AEPi at Subway in CampusTown between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will go towards their philanthropy, "Heroes to Heroes".
Girl Scout Cookie Sales
Sponsored by Kappa Delta
- From 3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 18 in the Student Center atrium, Girl Scout troop 4320 will be selling Thin Mints, Caramel Delights, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Patties, Shortbreads, Cranberry Citrus Crisps, Lemonades, and Thanks-a-Lots!
- Each box is $4.
- Monday, February 22 and Tuesday, February 23 in the Student Center from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m: "Penny Wars and Bake Sale". Kicking off Make-A-Wish Week 2016 with Penny Wars (coin donations) and a bake sale.
- Wednesday, February 24 at the Chi Omega House from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m: "Late Night Waffles for Wishes". Chi Omega is hosting a late night Waffle for Wishes night. Tickets can be bought in advance or at the door for $5 each.
- Friday, February 26 in the Markin Performance Court from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m: "Wish Week Lip Sync". Ending Make-A-Wish Week 2016 with a Lip Sync. Admission is $3.
EGLR (Emerging Greek Leaders Retreat)
- February 27, 2016 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Garrett Center
- Chapters should plan to send a minimum of 2 Freshman or Sophomores in their chapter, and a Maximum of 4.
- This retreat is a requirement for a new Grand Chapter standard (soon to be released for the 2016 Grading Period).
- Please RSVP the names of all members that will be attending HERE
Pi Beta Phi Philanthropy Week
Pi Beta Phi
- Monday, March 21: "Pie a Pi Phi" from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the Olin Quad.
Cost is $1.
- Tuesday, March 22: "Bake Sale for Books" from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Student Center and Library lobby. Each Pi Beta Phi pledge class will bake their own goods and sell them in order to raise the most amount of money for their pledge class.
- Wednesday, March 23: "Noodles for Knowledge" from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Pi Beta Phi house. We will be selling tickets to our dinner sponsored by multiple different restaurants, centered around serving noodles. Tickets are $5.
- All proceeds go towards our philanthropy: Read, Lead, Achieve. This philanthropy gives children the opportunity to take home a new book and stresses the importance of literacy.
G-Phi Crescent Week
- Tuesday, April 5 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on the Olin Quad: "Gamma Phi Beta Grill Off". Gamma Phi Beta will be hosting our annual Grill Off! Tickets can be purchased from a GPhi or at the event. It includes a burger, chips, and a drink. Fraternities will compete to make the best burger. Whichever sells the most will receive money towards their philanthropy!
- Thursday, April 7 from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. at the Gamma Phi Beta House: "Grilled Cheese with the GPhiB's". We are hosting our annual grilled cheese event at our house! One grilled cheese is $1 and one grilled cheese + tomato soup is $4.
- All proceeds from these events will benefit Girls on the Run.
Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner
- April 21, 2016 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm at the Sigma Kappa house
- This event is $5 for endless tacos! The proceeds from this event will be going to the Sigma Kappa Foundation to then be disbursed among our four philanthropies: Maine Sea Coast Mission, Inherit the Earth, Gerontology, and Alzheimers.
- It will be a fun event with music, tacos, and prizes!
Questions? Start with your council officers!
- Have a question about recruitment, Greek Week, or anything else?
- Reach out to your council officers - they are masterminds behind all of these awesome events.
- Simply look up the officer you need to get in contact with on the Greek Contact List and they will be sure to help you out, or get you in contact with Nancy Schwartz, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life if needed.
Events and announcements can be submitted by email (email@example.com).
If you have a promotional video or high resolution photo from a previous event that you would like to request be included in the upcoming issue, email the link or attachment(including the title and date of your submission) directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.