Welcome New Folks
Mrs. Borgia is our new front office Administrative Assistant.
Mrs. Bost is a new Kindergarten teacher
Ms. Ostiller is a new 2/3 class teacher
Mrs. Sturm is our new Instructional Support Teacher on Special Assignment
Mrs. Kippes is one of our new Speech teachers
Mrs. Lee is our new school psychologist
Coach Kim is our new Recess 101 coach
Ms. Rommer is our new Starting Arts music teacher.
We need Noon Duties!
Our kids are fantastic and you are going to love them! If you are interested or have questions, please call the office or email Mr. Izor at email@example.com.
School Traffic and Parking Lot Safety
- PLEASE PARK LEGALLY You may park in Visitor spaces if they are available or along the streets. Please do not block neighbors driveways. There is no parking along Vera Cruz between 1-4 PM everyday. This area is designated as the Pick Up line.
- GO SLOW: Please go slow on the streets and in the parking lot. This will allow you time to stop safely and look out for people.
- CROSS IN CROSSWALKS: Please take the extra time to go to the crosswalk and cross safely. Running across the street is very dangerous.
- LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER: Both drivers and pedestrians need to be actively paying attention so as to avoid any type of accident. Cell phones can be a big distraction for both drivers and pedestrians. Let's keep them in our pockets around school.
- KEEP WITH THE FLOW: Our drop off and pick up loop starts on Redmond and Monteverde. You cannot make a left turn from Vera Cruz into our parking lot during drop off and pick up. There is only one entrance and one exit. Please do not enter the exit for any reasons. Paying attention to all the signs around school will help keep things moving along.
Safety Patrol students are invited to Safety Patrol lunches throughout the year, are recognized at the end of year recognition assembly, and also receive a generous gift. Please contact Mr. Izor at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you can help keep our school community safe.
School Site Council
Are you interested in finding out more about the inner workings of our school and district? Would you be willing to come to four afternoon meetings this year to hear more about our school and provide feedback? School Site Council might be right up your alley.
School Site Council is a group of parents and staff members that meet four times a year to review our School Site Plan and Comprehensive Safety Plan. Members of the School Site Council are "in the know" about our schoolwide goals and how our funds are spent. In addition, information about the direction of our district is shared during these meetings. We are in need of a few folks who may be interested in participating on School Site Council. If you would like to be considered for School Site Council please email Mr. Izor your name and contact information at email@example.com.
Picture Day is coming!
Classroom Giving Drive
Each grade level determined what they would need per family to cover these costs and are asking for donations. All funds donated during the Classroom Giving Drive go right back into the classroom. We want all of our students to have these enriching experiences so please donate if you can.
Upcoming Events: Put these on your calendar
Aug 28: Union School Board Meeting : Union Middle School 6 PM
Sept 1: Staff Development Day- No School
Sept 4: Labor Day - No School
Sept 11: Union School Board Meeting
Sept 15 Picture Day
Sept 15: GHSC Ice Cream Social 6:30 PM
Sept 27: Family Night: No Homework
Oct 6: GHSC Parent/Child Dance Fundraiser (Sign up on GHSC.net)