- Have you visited our Facebook page? Visit and "like" us at "Rainbow Library Media Center."
- Would you like to view our book trailers? Go to Rainbow's webpage. Click on "Library" on the left side to visit our webpage. Then, click "links" and "Atriuum". Your child can help you find the Visual Search tab and then General Interests. When you click on Book Trailers you will see over 50 books that have student-made book trailers. ENJOY!
- Our students are working hard and learning so much! We love seeing all of them in the Library.
Author of the Month
Jerry Spinelli - Have you read Crash, Loser, Milkweed, Eggs, Stargirl, Wringer, or Maniac Magee? Try one. Go to this author's webpage to learn more. Click on the link below.
Dr. Seuss - "You're never too old, too wacky or wild, to pick up a book, and read to a child." Did you know that Theodore Seuss Geisel also had the pen name of Theo LeSieg? He spelled his last name backwards to get the name LeSieg. Visit his website below.
Official site of Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat featuring games, printable activities, the complete illustrated character guide, & information about creator Theodore Seuss Geisel.
- The last day to sign up for Birthday Book Club is Tuesday, February 23. This is for students who have birthdays in January, February and March. Bring $15.00 to Mrs. Paschal and select a book. Celebration will be Friday, the 26th at 1:45.
- Also on Friday, February 26 we are participating in a nationwide contest. It is formally known as Read the Most from Coast to Coast. Now it is called Read Quest. It is always near Dr. Seuss' birthday and in conjunction with Read Across America. Our goal for this contest is to read and take as many AR quizzes as possible. The key is to read several books prior to Friday. Last year Rainbow students read 1,478 books. Let's beat our own record!
- March 2 is Dr. Seuss' birthday. We will have some fun activities in the library.
- Have you noticed fringe is back in style from the 60's? Gather up your tie-dye shirts and fringe for a far out, Groovy Book Fair. It will be from Wednesday, March 2 - until Wednesday, March 9. Thursday morning we will host a "Donuts for Dads" so they can shop with their children before work. Our Grand Event for grandparents will be Friday the 4th. We will also be wearing our 60's attire that Friday. Peace, love, and books!