Early Release/Last Day of 3rd Qtr 3/18
No School Spring Break 3/19 - 3/26
Late Start 4/12
Seniors Last Day & Bridgewalk (more information to come) 5/21
Senior Grad Practice (more information to come) 5/26 10 am
No School Memorial Day 5/31
Last Day of School 9th - 11th Grade 6/3
Graduation 6/6 10 am
LHS CHEER SQUAD STATE CHAMPS!
The Liberty High School Varsity Cheer Squad captured first place in the Superlarge Division in the Missouri Cheerleading Coaches Association (MCCA) State Championship, held virtually this year in February.
This marks the first time in Liberty’s history that the squad has earned the state title, though they have placed in the top five for the past four years. “I could not be happier with how this season has turned out,” said Aly Sansoucie, Varsity Cheer Coach. “Of course, it came with challenges and opportunities to get creative, but our athletes overcame it all with grace and amazing character.”
In addition to taking state, the Liberty Cheer Squad celebrated nine athletes earning All-State honors: seniors Meghan Coyle, Bailey Crow, Sydney Harris, and Abby Heinemann; juniors Ella Hillgartner, Ella Laughman, Beyonca Scruton, and Karlie Wooten; and sophomore Lauren Young. “We are really lucky to have such amazing athletes on our team all around,” Sansoucie said, “They are amazing people and amazing athletes. From the start of the season, they had their eyes set on being state champs and I am proud to see them accomplish that!”
Girls Swim State Champions!
Overall Class 1 State Champions
- 200 Medley Relay- 11th
- 200 Free Relay- 19th
- 400 Free Relay- 5th
- L. Bonds- 500 free 18th & 100 breast 11th
- L. Green- 100 fly 18th & 100 free 17th
- C. Myers- 200 IM 23rd & 100 back 12th
- A. McCain- 100 breast 22nd
- B. Suftko- 100 free 23rd
1st place Division 4 Lyrical Jazz
2nd place Division 4 Pom
2nd place Overall Division 4
Wrestling is State bound!
We have FOUR young men heading to Wrestling State Friday, March 12th!
Best of luck to the following Wrestlers:
- Matthew Craig, 220
- Jackson Ward, 195
- Wyatt Haynes, 160
- Lukas Aubuchon, 132
2021 Wrestling Championship Information
These ladies put up numbers off the court as well! Congratulations on a fantastic Cumulative Team G.P.A. of 3.72!
Girls Basketball Seniors
Thank you Ladies for all your hard work we will miss you!
These young men overcame so many challenges and adversity this season we applaud your tenacity and resiliency. We will miss you, Seniors!
DECA Students Advance to State
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. To learn more about future competitions click HERE. Below is a list of the 23 Liberty Students who advanced to the state competition:
- Madalyn Breckenridge, 1st place in Accounting Applications Individual Series
- Garrett Bullock, 1st place in Hospitality & Tourism Professional Selling
- Audrey Fleetwood, 1st place in Principles of Marketing
- Sara Gordley, 1st place in Business Finance Series
- TJ Irlmeier and Anthony Galati, 1st place in Community Awareness Project
- Leah Kaler, 1st place in Principles of Business Management & Administration
- Makenzie Keiling, 1st place in Principles of Finance
- Nila Sasi, 1st place in Food Marketing Series
- Mya Suftko and Olivia Guffey, 1st place in Hospitality Services Team Decision Making
- Bella Bahr, 2nd place in Sports and Entertainment Operations Research
- Jacob Green, 2nd place in Innovation Plan
- Arthi Kondapaneni, 2nd place in Principles of Marketing
- Clayton Leahart, 2nd place in Start-Up Business Plan
- Cleopatra Mozolewski, 2nd place in Accounting Applications Individual Series
- Kimball Lowe, 3rd place in Accounting Applications Individual Series
- Gabby McLaughlin, 3rd place in Buying and Merchandising Operations Research
- Andy Nguyen, 4th place in Business Finance Series
- Madison Pegg, 4th place in Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Tim Seithel, 4th place in Start-Up Business Plan
- Lola Cadice, 5th place in Apparel & Accessories Marketing Series
- Reese Outman, 6th place in Business Services Marketing
LHS National Merit Scholar Finalist
FBLA Excels at the District Competition
- Cleopatra Mozolewski – 3rd place, Accounting 2
- Breanna Wray – 5th place, Personal Finance
- Madalyn Breckenridge – Accounting 1, Wildcard – earning a chance to compete at State
LHS Theater Presents "The Crucible" this week!
LHS students have reported difficulty in finding "Liberty High School" on the high school list when creating their ACT accounts. We are working to correct an error on their website with not being able to find our school when searching by city. In the meantime, you can find Liberty by searching for the school by zip code. Liberty's zip code is 63367. It is CRUCIAL that you add Liberty to your account, otherwise we will not be able to access your scores or add them to your transcript for college admissions and consideration for scholarships.
You can register for an upcoming ACT at www.act.org/bts. Upcoming ACT test dates: Apr 17, Jun 12, Jul 17.
Also, just a reminder that if you are having a hard time getting registered for the ACT, or the only test centers that have seats available are far away, there is another college admissions test option: the SAT. Every college in the US accepts both the ACT and SAT (there is no preference). Liberty is an SAT test site. You can register for an upcoming SAT test at www.collegeboard.org. Upcoming SAT test dates: Mar 13, May 8, Jun 5
Please contact Mrs. Gerringer our College and Career Counselor and A+ Coordinator.
Attention 11th Grade Students & Families
The Missouri state law requires all students be immunized against vaccine-preventable diseases. The Meningococcal Vaccine (MCV4) is required for all incoming 12th graders.
You must provide proof of immunizations no later than AUGUST 15th, 2021!
Call your child’s medical provider to verify that your child’s immunizations are up-to-date. If your child has received the required vaccine, please send proof to the nurse’s office as your doctor does not routinely send this information to us.
If your child needs the MCV4 vaccine, schedule your appointment today and after your visit send proof of the immunization to the Nurse’s office!!
The vaccination can be obtained from your pediatrician, a walk-in clinic, or the county health department. If you need further resources on how to obtain this immunization for your child please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call Nurse Bridget
636-561-0075 ext. 28233
Clinic Fax: 636-561-1681
Main Fax: 636-561-0058
Students without proper documentation of MCV4 vaccination will NOT be allowed to start summer school (if applicable) or on the first day of their senior year.