Global Collaboration Week 2018
Directions for Participating in Global Collaboration Week
Register to receive regular updates about Global Collaboration Week.
Synchronous & Asynchronous opportunities are listed here.
These projects do not occur at a specific time. You and your students can participate in these opportunities at your leisure. Contact project hosts with specific questions!
Global Collaboration Week is Here!
Students, teachers, and organizations will get online to celebrate global collaboration during the week of September 17--21, as back-to-school season begins in the northern hemisphere.
During this week, experienced global educators and other professionals will design and host connective projects and events and invite public participation. The primary goals of this whole day event are to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world, and to introduce others to the tools, resources, projects, and networks that are available to educators today.
This is an opportunity for educators new to globally connected teaching and learning to participate in virtual activities designed by more experienced teachers. It's also a great way for educators running ongoing global projects to find project partners!
- 1235 people registered on Eventbrite
- 585 schools and organizations signed up using the form linked above representing 90 countries
- 47 events listed
last updated September 21, 2018
Step 1 - Register
Step 2 - Find Events
- Go to our site located at http://globalcollaborationday.org. Look at this page and read the step-by-step directions: http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/join-an-event.html.
- Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and select your time zone to see a Google calendar in YOUR time zone.
- Click on events to expand the information provided and determine if there are events you and/or your students would like to attend or participate in.
- Note that events at the top of our calendar are all day events and are most likely to be asynchronous projects where you can join in ANYTIME this week.
- Follow the individual host's directions and contact them directly if you have questions.
- You can also see our events in a directory format here: https://www.globalcollaborationweek.org/2018-event-listings. Events are searchable and are sorted by various categories to help you refine your choices. Please come back to this link often during the next few weeks as more events will be listed as GCW draws near.
Step 3 - Participate
An optional activity is to share what you are learning on Twitter and other social media. Take pictures, offer comments, list resources and such in your posts and tag them #globaled18.
Step 4 - Follow Up
- More global education resources are located here (free access to members of the GEC network).
- Sign up for our daily Global Education Report, a digital newsletter containing information from around the world.
- If you would like to connect with global educators and receive updates from the organizers, please join our main community, the Global Education Conference Network.