November 20, 2020
Brrrr..... It's getting cold outside
Important Attendance information
GT Nomination Request Below
IF YOUR CHILD HAD A BIRTHDAY IN SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER-----AND IS A VIRTUAL LEARNER----a Birthday Book Club bag is available for them! They will be available the evening of November 19th when the Apple Pie Parfait supplies pick-up is being held-3:30-5:30 at Door 1 OR contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715)261-0201 to arrange a pick-up time.
Wausau School District Book Bowl 2021
Individual, Virtual Competition Registration is open to Wausau School District Students in grades 3-5. On February 11, a link to the quiz will be sent to the WSD email provided in the registration form at 5PM. Students will have 2 hours to complete a 60 question multiple choice quiz based on 20 books. More information, including the book list, can be found below and on the WSD website.
Thursday, February 11, 2021 5PM – 7PM
Please use the following link to register by February 4, 2021.
Please remember, if you have indicated you wish to accept the WSD iPad insurance, but have not sent the $10 (per device) payment, please send cash or check (made out to WSD) to the school office. Just a reminder, if payment is not received or insurance is declined; families assume the full cost of any and all repairs caused by misuse, abuse, or accident.
Grant In-Person Policies & Procedures:
School Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM - Monday through Friday
Parents should call Mrs. Taylor, at 715-261-0190 by 9:00am when a child will be absent from school. This applies to all VIRTUAL and IN-PERSON students whose home school is Grant, even if their virtual teacher is from another school.
Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the WSD will not be allowing visitors into the buildings. Parents will not be able to accompany their child to the classrooms
Parents can drop off their children as early as 8:15
There will be no before school recess
Students must enter through the main entrance (Door 1) with a mask on
There will be no supervision provided before 8:15
Students who need breakfast will pick it up on the way to their classroom
Breakfast will be eaten in the classroom at their assigned desk
Breakfast is free for all Grant students for the 2020-2021 school year
- A free hot lunch will be available to all Grant students
- Students will have a choice between the hot lunch or an alternate lunch choice which includes: a bagel, yogurt & string cheese
- Milk is included with the hot lunch choice and the alternate choice
- Your child may choose to bring a cold lunch from home
- If sending a cold lunch to school with your student, it MUST NOT CONTAIN NUTS or any product made from nuts
- Dismissal will start at 3:25
- The door students exit out of will vary by grade (See Below)
- 3:25 - Kindergarten will exit at door 4, then through the gate on the primary playground
- 3:25 - 1st Grade with Mrs. Mertes will exit at door 2
- 3:25 - 2nd Grade will exit at door 1
- 3:25 - 4th Grade will exit at door 3
- 3:30 - 1st Grade with Ms. Parent will exit at door 2
- 3:30 - 3rd Grade will exit at door 1
- 3:30 - 5th Grade will exit at door 3
All students will be required to wear a mask while at school.
Mask lanyards will be provided for each student during the school day.
Ensure that you have extra face coverings for your child at home that could be washed or changed out daily.
Acceptable face coverings: cloth or paper coverings that contain at least two layers and cover the nose and mouth, per CDC guidelines.
Unacceptable face coverings: face coverings without two layers, face coverings with vents or holes, gaiters, and face shields without a mask underneath.
Staff, students and visitors will not be permitted to wear a face covering that contains references or content related to: alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, sexual acts, profanity, promotion of gambling, illegal drugs, disruptive symbols of hatred or intolerance and/or gangs.