Week of November 2, 2020
Good Morning Evers Staff and welcome to the last work day of October!
I have been very excited seeing our building come to life with our in-person kids! While our procedures require us to wear masks and socially distance, our kids and our Evers staff continue to make Evers the place to be!
I hope that you have found some consistency these past two weeks without having to think about another re-opening for a new wave of students.
Continue to plan for student engagement and student learning! Have a safe Halloween and a great weekend!
Campus News/Staff Shout Outs
- We will end the week with the Monster Mash Dance this Friday (10/30) at 2:50 p.m. over the intercom! Coach Halbert has taught our students the moves! Let's have some Evers fun this afternoon!
- Thank you to our librarian Mrs. Adams for coordinating our Book Character Pumpkin Patch! Our kids are creative and they loved showing their favorite book characters!
- Thank you Elise and Tami for coordinating our Red Ribbon Week!
- Keep sending your shout outs! Feel free to use the form under Talia's signature! Thanks!
Our Mission and Our Why
Evers Elementary is committed to providing a high quality education in a safe environment for all students to become independent problem solvers and life-long learners; thereby, creating global citizens of high character.
2020-2021 Campus Performance Objectives
80% of PK-5 students will be reading on level by the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
80% of math STAAR testers will reach approaches level in spring 2021.
Teacher Schedules-Admin Reg-07
It has been brought to our attention that some of our certifed staff is leaving before 3:25 p.m. routinely. We understand that there may be a few times throughout the year that staff will need to leave early from work. Please continue to communicate with Talia/Liz so that we can work with you.
In addition, please refrain from taking your work bags to dismissal duty. We want to ensure we focus on dismissing kids safely and it is also not a great impression for our community and teammates.
Remember that 3:25 p.m. is the end of your work day if there are no faculty, team planning, committee meetings, etc.
Dismissal in the front loop has also been ending between 3:25-3:30 p.m. Having teammates leaving before this as others are helping dismiss kids does not show teamwork. We thank you for your support.
Look Fors Month of October
- We will continue to gather ideas on how our Evers Teachers are managing in-person and virtual instruction.
November 3-Staff Development Day
- November 2- No Faculty Meeting
- November 3 (TUES) Staff Development Day
- November 9 Leadership Meeting Only 3:30 p.m.- 4:45 p.m.
- November 16 Team Planning
- November 23-Holiday
- November 30-Faculty Meeting-PBIS
- December 4-TTESS Reflection 1 Due
- November 5 Campus Student Progress Check
- November 12 Reading Content Meeting
- November 19 Admin/Counselors/Grade Levels Meet
- November 26 (Holiday Break)
Staff Pumpkin Pictures Below!
1. Mrs. Anderson-Cow Pumpkin
2. Mrs. Murray-Gruffalo
3. Mrs. Adams-The Bad Seed, The Good Egg, Cool Bean
4. Our kids!
- November 2- No Faculty Meeting
- November 3-Election Day/Staff Development Day and Student Holiday.
- November 5-Campus Progress Check- All Grades
- November 5-Evers ES Magnet School Presentation 5th at 5:30 pm
- November 9-Veterans Day Ceremony
- November 10-4th CDB
- November 12-PTA General Assembly Meeting
- November 12-PBIS Meeting 3:30 p.m.
- November 16-Team Planning
- November 17-Dyslexia Informational Parent Session (Evers Families)
- November 18-Thanksgiving Grab and Go Lunch- sponsored by PTA
- November 20-Faculty Meeting