Henry Hawk News
Week of February 7, 2022
A Message From The Principal
Dear Henry Hawk Families
We hope you had a nice weekend! Hopefully, we won’t get any more snow this week.
In case you haven’t heard the news, the CEO sent an email regarding a legal decision regarding the Governor’s requirements for COVID-19 safety measures in schools. Per the CEO:
“CPS can and will continue to enforce key safety measures, including our universal masking requirement for students and staff, our protocols requiring individuals who test positive for or have been exposed to COVID-19 to learn/work from home, and our mandate that staff members either get vaccinated or consent to weekly COVID testing.”
The covid cases in the city and the country are decreasing at this time. We are seeing the same at Henry as evidenced by the number of classrooms in quarantine. Presently we have only two classrooms. While this pandemic is far from over, it’s good to see our local numbers going down as well. As the CEO stated, we will continue to do our part to keep our local numbers as low as possible. Additionally, the safety committee has been meeting on a weekly basis to identify and discuss ways to improve our safety measures and protocols.
Teachers sent home with your child the 2nd Quarter report cards last Friday. Teachers will be reaching out this week to those students who are eligible for academic tutoring starting the week of February 14th. 2nd Quarter Awards Assembly will be held virtually on Monday evening at 5:30 p.m. for those who made A/B Honor Roll or Principal's Honor Roll. We will not have attendance awards for the 2nd Quarter.
Please remember that if your child tests positive for COVID-19, please complete the self report on the following link: https://chicagopsprod.service-now.com/health?id=cps_self_report
February Upcoming Dates:
Covid-19 Testing: Every Tuesday from 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
LSC Meeting: Tuesday, February 8th at 4:30 pm
8th Grade Valentine's Day Fundraiser: Last Day Wednesday, Feb. 9th
8th Grade Hoodies: Last Day to Purchase February 11th
President's Day: Monday, February 21st. No Classes
Current Quarantine Policies
- Children who test positive for COVID-19, regardless of their vaccination status, will need to isolate and learn at home from five days. If the child still has symptoms after Day 5, they should continue to isolate at home for the full 10-day period. If the child no longer has symptoms after Day 5, the child will be free to return to school on Day 6 with the following precautions in place:
- From Days 6-10, students will keep their masks on at all times, including while outdoors, except when eating or drinking.
- When masks must be removed for eating and drinking, these students will maintain six feet of social distance from others wherever possible.
- Children who are not yet vaccinated or are not up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines, and who have been identified as close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will need to quarantine and learn from home for 5 days.
- Children who are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines, and who have been identified as close contacts of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will not have to quarantine at all.
Local School Council (LSC) Candidate Forms
This Spring LSC elections for the 2022-2024 term will occur. The LSC's responsibilities are listed below. You may find more information and the forms needed to apply at this site. Questions? Please email Ms. Iris Rodriguez at IRodriguez2@cps.edu. Applications are due by Friday, March 4th at 3:00 p.m.
- Monitoring the school improvement plan—also known as their school’s CIWP.
- Monitoring the school's budget and expenditures.
- Evaluating their school’s principal annually, as well as selecting a new contract principal for their school or renewing the contract of their current principal.
Tuesday, Feb. 8th, 4:30pm
This is an online event.
Join by phone
(US) +1 385-999-6091 PIN: 713 044 997#
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Testing Tuesday, February 9th, COVID-19 Testing will be taking place at Henry from 1:00 pm to 3:15 pm. If you have not registered previously, please register in the link above.