The CityLab Connect
Week of August 29th, 2022
Message from the Principal
The second week of school is in the books!
We are in the final days of finishing schedules and almost have all students set.
A couple of dates I want you to know:
September 6th- Open House- meet the teachers 5:00-6:30. PTO will also meet at 6:00 to review their plans for the year. Teachers will be here at school until 6:30.
September 13th 6:00-6:45 - Senior Parent Meeting at CityLab
We want to extend a welcome to Mr. Brown. He is a central staff employee and a manager in the mathematics department that has come over to CityLab to support us as we continue to look for an additional math teacher. We appreciate all that he has done to support us and our students.
Please check the links below and our link tree for specific information.
We look forward to a great third week of school!
Please contact your student's AP for specific questions
Ms. Williams is the 11th and 12th grade AP. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Price is the 9th and 10th grade AP. (email@example.com
Our protocol for concerns is to start with the teacher, then the AP and finally, the principal if necessary.
As always- thank you for the support of the school! This community of parents, teachers, and students is awesome to work for, and I feel blessed every day to have this opportunity. Our door is always open for questions, concerns, or comments.
Schedule for week of 8/29
Monday, Aug. 29-A Day
Tuesday, Aug. 30-B Day
Wednesday, Sept. 1-C Day
Thursday, Sept. 2-A Day
Friday, Sept. 3-B Day
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.
9/6-Open House/Meet the Teacher 5:00-6:30 PM
9/6-PTO Meeting 6:00 PM
10/13-End of first 9 weeks
10/17-Second 9 weeks begins