Blue Angles Trip This Week!
News This Week
We will take our usual tests this week, even though we will be taking a trip Wednesday.
As the end of the year comes up, we will have many unusual days, extra costs, forms due, etc. Please keep an eye on the folder for important information.
Studies This Week
- Story: Reading Street Unit 5, Week 4 - Simple Machines
- Skills: Main Idea & Summarize
- Phonics: Dipthong /oi/ and /oy/
- Phonics: Suffixes or, er
- Sight words: against, goes, heavy, kinds, today
- Practice at home: Read decodables and AR books
- Practice spelling and writing words.
- Visit spellingcity.com/meverette for more practice.
- Words this week: oil, soil, poice, point, boy, boil, coin, oink, toy, join
- Unit 8 - Twos, Fives, and Tens
- This week we are working on making 10, even when one part is missing. After that, we will begin adding and subtracting with two-digit numbers and making sure we know the ones and tens place.
- Count by groups of 2s, 5s, and 10s,
- Ask missing number questions, like 3 + ___ = 10 or ____ - 5 = 5
These words are used in English, math, or science we will learn throughout the week. Words are NOT tested, but will help understanding. Students are not expected to be able to spell these words.
- cellar, convenient, engine, equipment, furnace, gadget, pilot, steer
- counting on, addition equation, pattern, equal groups, combine, addend, less than, equals, combination, sum
- simple machine, inclined plane, pulley, axle
Writing & Grammar
- Pronouns- renames a noun: she, he, we, they, it, I, me, you
- Written responses - how to answer questions fully
- Expository (factual/explaining) writing
- Conservation - Students are working in groups to research a conservation topic and come up with a way to present it to the class, grade, school, or community. We will finish with these this week.
- Simple Machines
- Finishing landforms this week (some of this work will hang in our hallway)
- U.S. History, local landmarks -- Students will have a scavenger hunt at the air museum
22- 1st Grade Pensacola FT off Campus
23- Parent Advisory
Chill Spirit Night
27- Teacher Appreciation Week
28- Snow Wizard
PTA- 2nd Grade Performance 6:00
29- K Registration
1- Special Olympics
6- K Orientation
8- Final Library Day
10- Mother's Day
13- Daphne Public Work's Day
15- Field Day