October 8, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
Passionately Pink Week (click here for activities)
Monday, October 9th
- Columbus Day
- District CC meet in Eastland: BJH runners start at 4:00 p.m.
- School Board Meeting 7:00 p.m. BHS
Tuesday, October 10th
- 6th grade Running Club 3:30
- Pack the Gym - BHS Volleyball vs. Peaster
Wednesday, October 11th
- NHS Tutoring 3:30 BHS Library
Thursday, October 12th
- Blood Drive at BHS 8:00 a.m.
- BJH Volleyball at Millsap 4:00 p.m. 7B8B7A8A
- BJH Football vs Ponder
Friday, October 13th
- Passionately Pink Volleyball
- Middle School Band Night at BHS Football Game
- Progress Reports sent home
Saturday, October 14th
- BJH Volleyball A Tournament @ Peaster
- Mall Day BEST Robotics - Ridgmar Mall
UIL: UIL practices are off and running. The 5th grade District UIL Meet is December 5th. 6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet is December 12th.
Baby Food Jars: Mrs. Judd, the Art teacher, is asking for clean baby food jars for her classroom. Please feel free to drop those off in the front office. Thanks!
Red Ribbon Week (RRW): We will celebrate RRW, October 30th - November 3rd. Be on the lookout for more information to come regarding these 2 weeks.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com. We have our 1st Book Fair scheduled to kick off on Monday, October 23rd!
Events Around the Area
Global Youth Initiative, Wednesday, October 11th at North Side Baptist Church from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Click here for more details.Brock Baptist will be hosting a fun night of festivities with Trunk or Treat on October 29th from 5 - 7.
Christmas is coming to Cowtown this week at the Will Rogers Coliseum, Thursday, October 12th - Sunday, October 15th. Click here for more information.
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.