OKA+ STATEWIDE CONFERENCE 2015
Oklahoma A+ Schools@UCO
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2015
Time: Check in 9:00 a.m. Opening 9:30 a.m. Close 3:00 p.m.
Location: NCED Conference Center and Hotel
Address: 2801 East State Highway 9, Norman, OK 73071
Provided for You: Morning Refreshments, Lunch, Conference Bag
From Highway 9, enter the NCED campus via Technology Place
Google map of State Highway 9 at Technology Place, Norman: http://goo.gl/maps/KjFjf
View the best places to park here: Parking Map.
Look for the OKA+ Yard Signs!
Conference Hotel - On Site, Friday, March 6
MEET OUR KEY INNOVA+ORS AND GET READY TO. . .
Ralph Leverett, coauthor of Transformational Teaching in the Information Age: Making Why and How We Teach Relevant to Students
Steve Seskin, songwriter, performer, recording artist, composer of “Don’t Laugh at Me” (recorded by Tim McGraw), nominee for the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, 2014
AND CHOOSE 2 INTERPRETA+ION HUBS. . .
VIEW HUB DESCRIPTIONS AND FACILITATOR BIOS AT www.smore.com/s48nu.
EARLY-BIRD ACTIVITIES (starting at 9AM)
- Register (Check out the goodies & info in your bag!)
- Get some fuel: coffee, juice, bagels, and pastry
- Play, Learn, and Share... as you create interesting curricular connections at interactive stations presented by our partners from Crayola, Echo Theatre, Manyawi and the Opry Heritage Foundation, Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence and Colonial Williamsburg, and TechJOYnt!
- Connect with colleagues from across the OKA+ network and our partners from Arkansas, Louisiana, and North Carolina A+ Schools!
- Explore the fabulous OKA+ swag for sale! (See photo below.)
- Be ready for the opening session at 9:30 sharp!
BRING YOUR DEVICES AND. . .
FREE Registration - Faculty and Staff in OKA+ Network MEMBER schools qualify for free attendance as follows:
- Demonstration Schools - Free for 75% of the school staff
- Participation Schools - Free for 50% of the school staff
- Implementation Schools in their 2nd & 3rd years - Free for 50% of the school staff
- Implementation Schools in their 1st year - Free for 75% of the school staff
- Note: After the conference, schools will be billed $25 per person for attendees in excess of the number in this linked chart: Free Attendance Data for OKA+ Member Schools
$25 registration fee for:
- OKA+ Associate Schools
- UCO Students/Faculty/Staff
- College Students invited from other campuses
$50 registration fee for AR, LA, NC A+ schools and Fellows
The full $75 conference registration fee applies to non-members and OKA+ Alumni schools.
provided with the support of the Oklahoma State Department of Education
Conference Registration QR Code
provided in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. Art Works grant program