November 12, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, November 13th
- BJH Lady Eagles Basketball at Tolar
- School Board Meeting BHS - spotlight Robotics
Tuesday, November 14th
- 6th grade Running Club 3:30 p.m.
- BJH Regional Band Auditions
Wednesday, November 15th
- NHS Tutoring 3:30-4:20
Thursday, November 16th
- BJH Eagles basketball vs Tolar 4:30 p.m.
- BHS Bi-district Playoff Game vs. Clyde at Abilene Shotwell Stadium 7:00 p.m.
Friday, November 17th
- BJH Basketball Pictures
- Shorts, Hats, Leggings day - benefits Men's Cancer Awareness
Saturday, November 18th
- BJH Eagles Basketball"A" tournament @ Bowie
- Coyote chase Race @ Weatherford College
Monday, November 20th - Friday, November 24th - Thanksgiving Holiday - No School
Monday, November 20th
- BJH Eagles Basketball at Peaster 1:00 p.m.
- BJH Lady Eagles Basketball vs Peaster 10:00 a.m.
5th grade District UIL Meet - December 5th
6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet - December 12th.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.